Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Center Console notice email

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got the factory drop-in (V 1.0) console last month. It was $670 with tax. I'm thinking about selling it and buying the new one so I can get the rear cupholders. Any thoughts as to what I should ask for it? Thanks in advance!

Oh, one more thing: does anyone know if the new console fixes the squeaking caused by the console and next gen seats rubbing? It seems like it could be offset 1/8th inch to towards the passenger side or made slightly narrower, preventing the well-documented rubbing/creaking problem.

I just got the factory drop-in (V 1.0) console last month. It was $670 with tax. I'm thinking about selling it and buying the new one so I can get the rear cupholders. Any thoughts as to what I should ask for it? Thanks in advance!
You should wait to see one, there might not actually be rear cup holders just the 2 extra ones within the console.

I think you should as for $5 and sell it to me ;).

In all seriousness, I am waiting to find out of the new console is worth the premium and, if not, I will certainly be in the market for the original console.

Getting my new facelift model s on Thursday, if it's the same as what's found in the new '16 redesign, I'll be able to confirm/deny

Congratulations, and please keep us all posted! There's some question as to whether the one that comes in the new Teslas is the same as the new aftermarket one that will be offered. I believe 1 or 2 new owners have posted pictures of theirs without cupholders, with others stating emphatically that they have received word that there will be fold-out rear cupholders. I'm patiently waiting. I'm also curious if the new console will rub on the Next Gen seats like the old one does....

Congratulations, and please keep us all posted! There's some question as to whether the one that comes in the new Teslas is the same as the new aftermarket one that will be offered. I believe 1 or 2 new owners have posted pictures of theirs without cupholders, with others stating emphatically that they have received word that there will be fold-out rear cupholders. I'm patiently waiting. I'm also curious if the new console will rub on the Next Gen seats like the old one does....
Thank you! And yes, I'll be sure to check it out anyway.

As scheduled and expected, I had the new and improved center console installed today, and, YES, it includes rear seat cup holders that pop-out from under the rear seat HVAC vents. A single push causes the dual cup holder shelf to pop-out.
That is great news, since it means they really do exist! Can't wait to see some pics. Hopefully they add it to the order page soon.

Reactions: Reekdog
cant wait to see pics. definetly something i want to look into for my car

The new center console was supposed to be listed in the Tesla Gear website, but for some reason it has NOT been listed there.
The only way to have ordered it was to switch your order from the old drop in center console to the new one. Perhaps if you can call the Tesla Gear folks, they may have a way for you to order it once you see the pictures?

The new center console was supposed to be listed in the Tesla Gear website, but for some reason it has NOT been listed there.
The only way to have ordered it was to switch your order from the old drop in center console to the new one. Perhaps if you can call the Tesla Gear folks, they may have a way for you to order it once you see the pictures?

That's kind of what I was thinking. If it looks like what I'm looking for in my head I'll see if it's possible to order. I'm not in a rush though just picked my car up last Friday.

It's so strange we're having such trouble documenting this unicorn. I have a new MS on order and really hope it has these fabled cupholders, yet on other threads new owners are reporting the facelifted car does NOT have the rear cupholders. Showroom vehicles with the facelift also don't seem to have them either.

I didn't see a build option to specify an enhanced center console.

Lets hope the current batch of new cars and retrofits have the same rear cupholder (and not just the front under-elbow ones).

It's so strange we're having such trouble documenting this unicorn. I have a new MS on order and really hope it has these fabled cupholders, yet on other threads new owners are reporting the facelifted car does NOT have the rear cupholders. Showroom vehicles with the facelift also don't seem to have them either.

I didn't see a build option to specify an enhanced center console.

Lets hope the current batch of new cars and retrofits have the same rear cupholder (and not just the front under-elbow ones).

Steve:
There is not a build option in the Model S Design Studio for an enhanced center console. You did not miss anything. The console we are referring to was a replacement which was only mentioned to those of us who had the old optional Tesla Drop In Center Console on order (which is now no longer offered for sale). We were given an option to upgrade the drop in to the unified console at a very STEEP PRICE. Like 2X +. In addition, there are phone recharge kits for various smart phones at a additional price.

As of now and the foreseeable short term future you are out of luck with the rear cup holders on the refreshed Model S. Many of us thought or hoped that door storage compartments AND the rear cup holder (for rear passengers) and USB rear ports might make it into the refresh but they did not. I have seen three refreshed Model S and none of them have the hidden pop out rear passenger cup holders in the back of the center console.

It is the Model X (I believe) that has the hidden pop out cup holders in the center console. So the one that is coming for me is probably like that. In any case, I have the rear optional console (on Tesla Gear) and that is a really nice console. It has cup holders and a nice storage compartment too. Mine is in Obeche and tan leather. It works really well. Once I put it in, I have not removed it as I really never ferry around 5 folks in The SILVER SURFER. Natch.
Art