Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New configurator up. LR now 353 miles and Perf has Y wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Q3 buyers are gonna be pissed LOL

Attachments

• 30FC5FE9-91E0-4F15-A7B2-EA6841F5A41D.jpeg
    30FC5FE9-91E0-4F15-A7B2-EA6841F5A41D.jpeg
    132.2 KB · Views: 122
The SR+ also went up to 263. The rims got much uglier though(IMO). Both on the 18s and 19s. The chrome delete is a nice touch. Wouldn’t mind if I got that. I’m sure this will upset a lot of shops who the chrome delete, but will now lower their prices, since the newer ones will come with it.

• Disagree
Reactions: Mr X and cdswm3
I think new 18” Aeros are an improvement and 19” sport wheels are big downgrade.

They don’t look that bad. Remind me of the Model X 20”. They don’t have that channel behind the spokes which is kind of pain to keep clean. By the way someone sells a PPF kit for Model X 20” that make them look like the upgraded wheels. I bought that kit and I think it looks good. They should do a kit for those 19”s. Makes the rim look much larger by blacking out the portion between the spokes.

Reactions: DirectConnection
They don’t look that bad. Remind me of the Model X 20”. They don’t have that channel behind the spokes which is kind of pain to keep clean. By the way someone sells a PPF kit for Model X 20” that make them look like the upgraded wheels. I bought that kit and I think it looks good. They should do a kit for those 19”s. Makes the rim look much larger by blacking out the portion between the spokes.

Im glad I have the old 19”S because they’re actually rims, whereas the new ones seem like hubcaps.
On the other hand, I’m sad about the power trunk and range boost on the new model 3.

The power trunk is the big one for me. I definitely would like to have it. Hopefully they will offer a retrofit for less than the available options from 3rd parties.

Is the range increase due to battery changes or is it software/firmware?

Im loving that power trunk as well. If I had a LR, I dont think Id be wanting to upgrade so badly, but from a SR+ to an LR, with these added perks? Might be worth eating the 5k in bad equity for me. Eh, 5k eating is still hard to do. What am I writing here... LOL

Screenshot_20201017-042027_Tesla.jpg
It looks like we might already have the 4.2sec 0 to 60 per AB is now stated to reduce 0-60 time from 4.2 to 3.7 sec in the app, so unless the heat pump really affects efficiency that much or they put in a bigger battery pack or better inverters/electronics or drastically reduced weight...we might get some OTA 5% range increase. Never know.

Last edited:
Here's my take on the 2021 Model Year changes:
  • Range Boost to 353 miles on the LR AWDs.. Bravo! Credit the heat pump from the Model Y and maybe slightly denser 2170 batteries..
  • USB-C access in glove box is a big plus for security, especially now that the glovebox can now be unlocked with a PIN (2020.40.xx update on all cars)
  • The new 18" aero covers seem to be an improvement.. but now, I wonder what the wheel looks like underneath? Is it the same as before?
Mehs - (doesn't matter really)
  • That new center console: The stitching on the sides of the new console is nice,but the center area is TBD for me. I prefer the cleaner look of our 2019 much more.
  • Power Trunk - we don't use the trunk much to begin with, and it is easy to open as it stands. The Frunk, however..
I would say a power FRUNK is much more usable for us. That's where the food items go, and easier to access when we park nose-in in the garage. We use our power frunk (aftermarket install) all the time.

Dislikes:
  • Uberturbine 20s - They look awful IMHO on the Performance Model 3s. The gray 20s from 2019 were the sweet spot.
  • The new 19s look pretty bad too
  • slightly smaller frunk due to the heat pump

Well.. we shall see..

Last edited:
Here's my take on the 2021 Model Year changes:
  • Range Boost to 353 miles on the LR AWDs.. Bravo! Credit the heat pump from the Model Y and maybe slightly denser 2170 batteries..
  • USB-C access in glove box is a big plus for security, especially now that the glovebox can now be unlocked with a PIN (2020.40.xx update on all cars)
  • The new 18" aero covers seem to be an improvement.. but now, I wonder what the wheel looks like underneath? Is it the same as before?
Mehs - (doesn't matter really)
  • That new center console: The stitching on the sides of the new console is nice,but the center area is TBD for me. I prefer the cleaner look of our 2019 much more.
  • Power Trunk - we don't use the trunk much to begin with, and it is easy to open as it stands. The Frunk, however..
I would say a power FRUNK is much more usable for us. That's where the food items go, and easier to access when we park nose-in in the garage. We use our power frunk (aftermarket install) all the time.

Dislikes:
  • Uberturbine 20s - They look awful IMHO on the Performance Model 3s. The gray 20s from 2019 were the sweet spot.
  • The new 19s look pretty bad too
  • slightly smaller frunk due to the heat pump

Well.. we shall see..
Totally agree with this. Power Frunk would be WAY more useful than power trunk.

Only things I would add is:
  • (Good) Laminated/double pane front windows should help with noise reduction, which is much needed
  • (Bad) Not taking the opportunity to change the headliner. Not everyone likes dark color but the current greige doesn’t match with either interior

Totally agree with this. Power Frunk would be WAY more useful than power trunk.

Only things I would add is:
  • (Good) Laminated/double pane front windows should help with noise reduction, which is much needed
  • (Bad) Not taking the opportunity to change the headliner. Not everyone likes dark color but the current greige doesn’t match with either interior

Totally agreed. I have a 2020Q3 SR+, here's my take:

• Heated steering wheel - meh; lived in Pittsburgh and NJ, if my seat is heated that's enough. I'm usually too worried about how others are driving to pay much attn to my own fingers
  • USB-C throughout - Q3's have all usb-c except for the charging pad
  • USB-C in glovebox - nice add, not worth a 3 month delay for me
  • Double paned windows - nice add, not worth a 3 month delay for me
  • 263 mile range - VERY NICE, hope this can be unlocked in some way, but I do like my car enough as is
  • New center console - Nice stitching, like the ability to hide the phones on the pad though. Not worth a 3 month delay for me
  • New aero wheel covers - meh, I took mine off anyway, but I'd pay to get the new ones if that's where the extra miles come from
  • Power liftgate - hate these, they're slower. Only once a year do I wish for that convenience, but I know I'd rather override it 364 days each year
  • Chrome delete - nice, but I like the chrome accent on my MSM M3, so "meh"

To each their own. The only thing I'd want is the range. I got to drive my car 3 more months though. Of course, I bought a $40k car...if I'd paid $50k for the LR AWD, I'd probably feel differently

Reactions: RedWhite19
No need to heated steering here in SoCal, where the door handle is about 150 degrees during the summer. My hands get warm enough.

Honestly same, there's been like 3 times in my life I've wished I had a heated steering wheel living in California. And all three were because it was 3 am going to my night job in Northern California and the car was frigid. But I'm sure if I remembered the temp anyone from MN would laugh and say that's t-shirt weather haha. I think like 20-30 degrees at worst?