Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Cream Interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is a picture of my Signature White interior from an early Model S. The new cream interior looks awfully close:

IMG_0049.JPG

Reactions: ModelX
IMG_3481.JPG I know this wouldn't work for many people: but I am very careful with my car and have only a few passengers. These are custom Lloyd's mats in my '13 MS with tan leather interior. They have more than a dozen color choices in these upscale ultra mats. Lloyds sent actual material samples for me to get the best color match. They help somewhat to lighten the dreary black interior.

The signature white leather is a near exact match to the new cream. But the all vinyl ("vegan" leather, whatever) I don't think is comparable to real leather.

It's a little irritating that the standard MS interior is vinyl and cloth but you pay $3300 to get an all vinyl interior. And real leather is no longer available in any Tesla

I just placed my order for a Model S last night, and I can't wait. I ordered Midnight Silver with black interior, but I also worry about the heat and the feeling of darkness... and since I have 3 days to change, I guess I'll torture myself with indecision. I like the cream interior, but has anyone seen this color combination yet (Midnight silver, cream)? And does anyone have an update on how easily these light colored floormats stain?

Thanks!

I was debating between the same - Silver/Black vs. White/Cream - and almost went crazy looking at videos, photos of various colors online. :) Also made several trips to Tesla dealerships to look at the colors. Ultimately went for White/Cream to keep the car cooler and feel more openness inside. Silver/Black looks really good as well though. I am sure you will enjoy it.

All the colors look really good on Model S. There are "no" bad color combinations!

I saw the new cream interior yesterday. It was gorgeous.

The seats and the headliner are a very close color match and look great. The seats are cream, the center console is all cream, and the carpets is a matching cream color. The floor mats are black.

It also had the new rear seat which is a substantial upgrade, so long as you are not looking for a flat back seat to lie down across.

The signature white leather is a near exact match to the new cream. But the all vinyl ("vegan" leather, whatever) I don't think is comparable to real leather.

It's a little irritating that the standard MS interior is vinyl and cloth but you pay $3300 to get an all vinyl interior. And real leather is no longer available in any Tesla

You must have missed the memo: Tesla exists to leave a usable planet for future generations. That should be a high priority for all of us, no?

After you watch and learn from this documentary you'll fully understand the impact of raising animals to later murder and cut up for their parts:

cowspiracy.com/facts

Some photos of cream interior I found on teslarati forums by a user called rasadorian.

Looks good IMHO and if the cream mats get dirty over time, replace them with another cream or a black set.

Attachments

• 40652CAD-7225-4207-960E-920F3B735A14.jpeg
    40652CAD-7225-4207-960E-920F3B735A14.jpeg
    244 KB · Views: 532
  • 93EC213A-B804-45AE-A60B-C7578C266212.jpeg
    93EC213A-B804-45AE-A60B-C7578C266212.jpeg
    276.7 KB · Views: 528
  • FF090CB0-46AF-48F7-895A-02866489E8CB.jpeg
    FF090CB0-46AF-48F7-895A-02866489E8CB.jpeg
    295.1 KB · Views: 520
Some photos of cream interior I found on teslarati forums by a user called rasadorian.

Looks good IMHO and if the cream mats get dirty over time, replace them with another cream or a black set.
These pictures show black carpeting and cream floor mats. The car that I saw, which was literally delivered from the factory the day before, shows cream carpeting and black floor mats .

In trying to make my decision about interior color, I sent an email to Tesla to get the lowdown on the cream interior and associated floor colors. I just got a call from Freemont, and was told that all model S's with cream interior will have cream carpet and cream floormats. The Model X will ship with black floors/mats.

In trying to make my decision about interior color, I sent an email to Tesla to get the lowdown on the cream interior and associated floor colors. I just got a call from Freemont, and was told that all model S's with cream interior will have cream carpet and cream floormats. The Model X will ship with black floors/mats.

Does it come with a scoop of cream ice cream?

• Funny
Reactions: LoL Rick
Has anyone actually seen the cream in person? Are there any better pictures than the one on the configurator?

It looks like the console is a lighter color and maybe even the door sills and carpet, too. This would be a welcome improvement from the endless sea of black in every Model S.

Black carpet, door sills, pillar lower trim, upper dash, steering column, steering wheel and even seat belts - way too much! Every Model S has a black interior - only different color seats and partial door trim panels offer any relief. Hopefully the newly hired Volvo interior designer can improve these dreadful interiors.

I just ordered a Cream interior Model S today and first called and asked about the carpet/floor mats color. In the Model S they are the same color as the seats. In the Model X they are black.

• Informative
Reactions: ModelX
View attachment 244569 I know this wouldn't work for many people: but I am very careful with my car and have only a few passengers. These are custom Lloyd's mats in my '13 MS with tan leather interior. They have more than a dozen color choices in these upscale ultra mats. Lloyds sent actual material samples for me to get the best color match. They help somewhat to lighten the dreary black interior.

Those are nice looking floor mats. Will have to look into those. For my BMWs I always used CocoMats (CocoMats.com - Custom Car Floor Mats. Hand-Made in USA). They also send color samples and you can check them out. In sample form, they appear very "rustic" but in use they are pretty nice and ultra durable (lasts for many years and still look good). But now I will have to check out Lloyd's as well. Thanks for the tip.

You're right, the Coco mats are very durable and show very little wear over time; I've had them. I was wanting a little more luxurious look for the Tesla, and I think the Lloyd's have done that.

Several retailers stock some of the basic Lloyd's mats but you really need to go to the manufacturer to see all the different colors and materials available. (I think it's Lloyd's mat store?).

The first set they made me had a manufacturing defect but Lloyds really stepped up in a hurry with superb customer service. They expedited making me a replacement set, gave me a free upgrade in materials and allowed me to re-choose color, and shipped them to me via two day FedEx. CS like this is so satisfying - I thought it was worth mentioning.

You're right, the Coco mats are very durable and show very little wear over time; I've had them. I was wanting a little more luxurious look for the Tesla, and I think the Lloyd's have done that.

Several retailers stock some of the basic Lloyd's mats but you really need to go to the manufacturer to see all the different colors and materials available. (I think it's Lloyd's mat store?).

The first set they made me had a manufacturing defect but Lloyds really stepped up in a hurry with superb customer service. They expedited making me a replacement set, gave me a free upgrade in materials and allowed me to re-choose color, and shipped them to me via two day FedEx. CS like this is so satisfying - I thought it was worth mentioning.

Understood about wanting more luxurious floor mats than CocoMats. CocoMats are not so luxurious. But every time I completely dismiss them, I get into my BMW (which admittedly is driven just enough to keep the seals good and the battery from going flat - about 1 time a week for about 20 minutes)...and realize how good those damn CocoMats look!

In any event, my Tesla has the Ultrawhite interior with black carpet and black mats. I could always replace the stock black mats with Lloyd's black mats. But I also considered brightening the interior further by replacing the mats with something lighter. The rub is, what color? I can't quite tell what your interior color is @Tforme - is it tan? If so, then I assume your mats are tan as well. But my upholstery is ultra white. They don't make ultra white mats - most companies don't even have any shade of white. So besides black, what could I do? Introduce something "in between" like a light gray?

IMG_3462.JPG IMG_3466.JPG IMG_1506.PNG

Here are a couple of better pictures w/o the led interior lights on. Mine is a tan leather interior with the original seats. The mats I chose were the best color match; but I seriously considered some slightly darker constasting ones. They would have been easier to maintain and still lightened the interior some.

I see your dilemma with the all white seats. Personally I would probably choose one of the intermediate grey colors from the 12 or so available in the black/grey group. I've attached a picture from the Lloyds site of the choices in that group, but the colors shown probably aren't very true representations. I picked 5 that I was interested in and they sent actual samples of the material. That made choosing much easier.