Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Cream Interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's from my Model S. Seems that most if not all inventory Model S' have a dark headliner with the cream interior. I know you can't custom order it that way but all of the ones built in August that I saw when I purchased came that way. I don't know if Tesla just had a shortage of light headliners and just decided to use the dark or what but that is what I got. Note I do have cream carpet. It's just the floor mats that are black that they were provided as a bonus. I also have a set of cream floor mats.

The X has light headliner, black carpet (front, second row, and back). Here are a few pics I took before my new X went to get wrapped with some examples of the Cream interior. Note for the detail oriented, I have the Tesla WeatherTech mats already in the front (black over the base black carpet), and the original black carpet mats in the rear. Still looking for the details on the rear Tesla mats for cars after August 22! :D

Also, I have the ProClip iPhone mount installed (that's the cable running down the console, need to hide that better when the car comes back!).

IMG_1046.JPG
IMG_1051.JPG

Last edited:
The X has light headliner, black carpet (front, second row, and back). Here are a few pics I took before my new X went to get wrapped with some examples of the Cream interior. Note for the detail oriented, I have the Tesla WeatherTech mats already in the front (black over the base black carpet), and the original black carpet mats in the rear. Still looking for the details on the rear Tesla mats for cars after August 22! :D

Also, I have the ProClip iPhone mount installed (that's the cable running down the console, need to hide that better when the car comes back!).

View attachment 250081 View attachment 250083

Can't tell from the pics, but does your MX have the alcantara top dash?

Can't tell from the pics, but does your MX have the alcantara top dash?
I think it does. :) There’s a fabric-y piece in the middle of the instrument panel part on top that is different from the rest of the surface. I’ve never seen in person one of the older S dashes, but I’m pretty sure that’s it.

If you zoom in near the steering wheel, you can see the piece I mean on top.

I think it does. :) There’s a fabric-y piece in the middle of the instrument panel part on top that is different from the rest of the surface. I’ve never seen in person one of the older S dashes, but I’m pretty sure that’s it.

If you zoom in near the steering wheel, you can see the piece I mean on top.
I've seen some videos of S's that have the fabric overlay on the top of the dash after I made this comment, and it's different... I don't think the dash treatment is 'typical alcantara', but there is something there. I'll take a closer look next week when I get her back.

Here are some photos of mine I wanted to share as this post has been most helpful. I just picked up my MS tonight with White/Cream/PUP with a 09/2017 production date and the carpet mats are cream on top of cream. I was wondering for those who have the cream carpets what you're doing for the dead pedal. Unfortunately the carpet doesn't cover that part and it will get dirty pretty quick. I had another car that had cream on cream and there was an extension strip on the carpet to cover the dead pedal.

Attachments

• IMG_6588.JPG
    IMG_6588.JPG
    223.1 KB · Views: 362
  • IMG_6590.JPG
    IMG_6590.JPG
    304.1 KB · Views: 355
  • IMG_6595.JPG
    IMG_6595.JPG
    299 KB · Views: 345
  • IMG_6589.JPG
    IMG_6589.JPG
    285.2 KB · Views: 355
  • IMG_6593.JPG
    IMG_6593.JPG
    222.5 KB · Views: 360
Reactions: LoL Rick
Here are some photos of mine I wanted to share as this post has been most helpful. I just picked up my MS tonight with White/Cream/PUP with a 09/2017 production date and the carpet mats are cream on top of cream. I was wondering for those who have the cream carpets what you're doing for the dead pedal. Unfortunately the carpet doesn't cover that part and it will get dirty pretty quick. I had another car that had cream on cream and there was an extension strip on the carpet to cover the dead pedal.

Congrats! How do you like it? I am coming from a Tan Model X with a black combo - those configs are pretty rare (don’t make it) but I love the look

I believe it is. The back carpet is black and the front mats (in the store) are black. I think all the 'lower' color is still black. But we shall all see shortly when the new cars show up!
Just received mine with cream interior. I was assured the carpet would be black, but it's cream. After one day of driving it's already dirty. Apparently some builds are black and some are cream. Waiting to see if Tesla will swap out.

I just noticed that your car does not have a dead pedal at all.

I just noticed that your car does not have a dead pedal at all.

Just saw this as well. I am waiting for my delivery in cream and just sent a email to my DS that confirmed that all cream they seen so far didn't have the dead pedal. As for the cream floor I was also told that it will be black before placing the order like in the white seat version, didn't get any answer on that one from DS yet.

THNX!
Plenty of headroom in the front.
My main concern was the crossbeam in the back. Our test drive MS had the “old” seats. The headrests are pretty low; I thought it would be easy to touch with your head when you’re > 5”12 (? >1,85m) and the car launches...?
The new backseat and headrests may be higher and prevent that.

Just saw this as well. I am waiting for my delivery in cream and just sent a email to my DS that confirmed that all cream they seen so far didn't have the dead pedal. As for the cream floor I was also told that it will be black before placing the order like in the white seat version, didn't get any answer on that one from DS yet.
Make sure you confirm. I was told definitively that it would be black. She said the early builds came with cream initially, but the more recent were black (carpet and floor mats).

I've seen some videos of S's that have the fabric overlay on the top of the dash after I made this comment, and it's different... I don't think the dash treatment is 'typical alcantara', but there is something there. I'll take a closer look next week when I get her back.
So, the dash is 'whatever it is that isn't alcantara'. Fake leatherish.... The seam you see in my picture is from making it fit around that curve perhaps? Making an accent towards the driver's little overhang?

And on the black/cream carpets, we are separating X and S, right? X's have black and S's did have cream. Have we seen an S with black?

If they are doing all black on both models now, definitely a lot easier to keep clean going forward.

Make sure you confirm. I was told definitively that it would be black. She said the early builds came with cream initially, but the more recent were black (carpet and floor mats).

I think this may be a confusion between S and X - I picked up our new S with cream Friday from Fremont (build completed last Wednesday) - and it is cream carpet and mats - I can't imagine there are a lot of "more recent" cars than mine.

And I'm not sure why people were told definitively the carpet would be black - the images on the website in the design studio have showed cream carpet and mats since it became an option....

I was pleasantly surprised to see the carpet behind the rears seats and the whole cargo area were still black - my OA told me those would be cream as well!