Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New England Model 3 Configuration Invites

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is more good news. I was a ways in front of @Bokonon at the Natick store and, though I never got the invite e-mail, I was able to configure on 3/22 but actually "hit the button" on 3/24 so it's only been two weeks for the next batch of invites whereas I had to wait a month from the initial reports of non-owner line-waiters getting invites in late February.

My HPWC is on a truck in Nevada on it's way to NH. Now, if only I could say the same for the car....

The speed at which they are sending out batches of invites is very encouraging!

Just got my invitation and I can configure! 3/31/16 line waiter at Natick. Not sure exactly where I was in line. The store was already open when I got there and the line was out a ways into the mall. I reserved sometime between noon and 1pm I would guess. SO EXCITED!

Congratulations! I got mine as well. I reserved in Natick at 12:30pm.

My brother on the North Shore who placed a reservation online on March 31 got his configuration invite email yesterday afternoon. He’s waiting for AWD however.

I am considering waiting a bit for AWD, but then again we all know how TSLA are with stated timelines... :eek:

My configurator says Mid-2018, and Elon has said July, right? I've waited for two years already, what's another two months?

Well, if there are lots of people ahead of me deferring for AWD, waiting just that two months might push my delivery to the fall, which might put my tax credit in jeopardy. Decisions, decisions...

The only guarantee to the full tax credits would be getting the car today. Waiting for AWD will definitely get you in the reduced tax credit status or less.

Even if they were to hit 200,000 US sales this quarter, the full $7500 tax credit would continue through September 30. And all indications are that they are planning to manage things so that they hit 200,000 in early July and then deliver a whole lot of M3s, S and X in the US in the second half of the year. For example, starting Model 3 deliveries in Canada this quarter - nearby sales that don’t go against the 200,000 counter.

I just also read that they announced S and X production shifts every weekend in June. To me that sounds like they’re building up a stockpile for July. Yes, it would have some impact on 2Q financials but they would make it up in 3Q - and make a lot of customers happy. I think TSLA shareholders would understand.

Any Performance AWD ordered? I had been invited to configure in January, but was waiting on white seats. Got tired of waiting and on 7/2 caved when they lowered the price of the P car - so now I'm waiting on my Silver/white P3D. :) Delivery window says Sep-Nov but I'm hoping my owner status pushes that up to the first delivery to NE. :)

Any Performance AWD ordered? I had been invited to configure in January, but was waiting on white seats. Got tired of waiting and on 7/2 caved when they lowered the price of the P car - so now I'm waiting on my Silver/white P3D. :) Delivery window says Sep-Nov but I'm hoping my owner status pushes that up to the first delivery to NE. :)

I have Aug-Oct delivery window for a P3D (also a current owner) ... so you probably won't be #1. And I doubt I would be either (Oct 2016 orig reservation date, ordered P3D on June 27 - wasn't able to order AWD/P before they opened it up to all reservation holders).

I have Aug-Oct delivery window for a P3D (also a current owner) ... so you probably won't be #1. And I doubt I would be either (Oct 2016 orig reservation date, ordered P3D on June 27 - wasn't able to order AWD/P before they opened it up to all reservation holders).

Ha sorry, that should have said "first delivery shipment" - first batch sent to MA, not literally the first delivery.

I was the first owner in line at Dedham - so hoping that gets me a little love. :)