Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Englanders -- check in!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Covered truck deliveries here by third party trucker arranged by thw service center. Model 3 came with a due bill for sctatches noted before shipment. If not a Tesla delivery then carrier insurance applies during transit and it is your car once they put it on the truck.
Smooth, no problems x 2.

excellent delivery at Mt. Kisco. I highly recommend them, especially if you are from CT as they know how to register the car in CT for you and how to get the CT CHEAPR rebate.

Thank you. Got my VIN # today.

It's a bummer I will be away most of August. It would be terrible if the delivery is scheduled while I am away, and the car reassigned.
Keeping my fingers crossed that I don't miss out on the full tax credit because of delivery reschedule.

Hi all, many of the old-timers here are aware of and/or participated in the Carbon Pricing Awareness Raffles that Climate XChange (www.climate-xchange.org), a Boston-based 501c3 nonprofit that is working to address climate change through education and research on carbon pricing, reduction and resilience, held in 2015 and 2017. Both featured grand prizes of a Model S (or X in 2017), including taxes paid on the prize.

I'm on the CXC Board and very involved in the raffle. I wanted to let both old-timers and new folks here know the we are now planning for the 2018 raffle to launch in September, and thinking about some interesting changes to the prizes. Please take a look at the discussion here: #699

Reactions: EdA
RI home delivery here. Came on a covered truck last Tuesday, greatest car ever. This is her first supercharging experience in East Greenwich just so we could try it out.

Attachments

• unnamed (3).jpg
    unnamed (3).jpg
    718.9 KB · Views: 91
WhenI took delivery of my '3' back in May, it was at home - waiting for the semi to roll up in front of my house. After he rolled the car out, the driver said his next delivery was in Somersworth so at least one other person up there has gone through the experience.

Earlier yesterday, I received an email from a Las Vegas ISA ready to schedule my delivery !! I live in RI, so I was planning on picking my Model 3 up at the Dedham, MA Service/Delivery Center. Everything looked good and I received a confirmation date/time for Friday September 28th at 4:00pm EDT. Then today, I received an email from my IDA, also in Las Vegas. He advised that I am not able to pick up in Dedham, but rather it would be better to pick up in Mt. Kisco, NY. Dedham is about 35 miles from my house, while Mt. Kisco is about 170 miles. Here's the reason why, in his words:

As a Rhode Island resident, we do not want you to pick up at Dedham, MA. Since Tesla is not an authorized “dealership”, every out-of-state resident is responsible for paying MA sales tax. In addition, Dedham will not be able to give you a temporary moving permit to drive your car back to Rhode Island.

Due to the above issues, we recommend picking up at Mt. Kisco, NY. That delivery center will be able to give you a 10 day moving permit, no in-state sales tax, and you will receive the car two weeks sooner than a home delivery.

I'm not concerned about the termporary moving permit, as I was going to transfer my tag on my current car to the 3. However, I obviously don't want to have to pay MA tax as well as RI tax.

So home delivery looks like it might be an option, as I'm not driving over 3 hours to My. Kisco, NY.

Wondering if any other fellow RI'ers have had the same situation and have instead had to do home delivery.

--Cintoman

RI home delivery here. Came on a covered truck last Tuesday, greatest car ever. This is her first supercharging experience in East Greenwich just so we could try it out.

Hey @dkd114 ....welcome to the Forum and congratulations on your Model 3. Had a question for you regarding your home delivery. Did you choose this option because you're unable to pick up at the Dedham MA Service Center? I just got my VIN and an email to set up a delivery, and I picked Dedham, since it's only about 35 miles from my home in Cumberland. However, my IDA mentioned that I can't pick up there because I'd be forced to pay MA sales tax as well as the RI sales tax.

Wondering if that was the same situation for you, and if that was the reason you had home delivery done.

Thanks
--Cintoman

Our Model 3 is apparently sitting in Dedham at this moment. We're planning on getting a home delivery this week in VT. Originally they said if we wanted to pick it up we'd have to go to Mt Kisco. That's a 5 hr drive so we said no way. So they sent the car to Dedham. I asked why Mt Kisco instead of Dedham for pick up but they never gave me a straight answer. At least home delivery is free.

Hello New Englanders, I am Tim, and I live in beautiful Warner NH, about an hour north of the MA border.

My black Model 3 AWD LR is eluding me currently, somewhere in Milford CT last I heard. My expected delivery date was August 23, but a combination of delivery infrastructure issues and an apparent crack/chip in the windshield has caused three weeks of delays so far.

I am enjoying all of your posts, and will likely be a regular poster once the car appears in my driveway.

I am stepping up to the EV from my 2007 Prius, and between my 2004 Red Ranger, my wife’s white 428i coupe, and the black Model 3, our driveway will look like a Yemeni flag.

I am a ‘86 UConn grad (bfa in Music), and a big UConn b-ball fan, as well as Red Sox, Pats, and Celtics. I recruit students for a small private university in NH, and sing professionally when it suits me.

Hello New Englanders, I am Tim, and I live in beautiful Warner NH, about an hour north of the MA border.

My black Model 3 AWD LR is eluding me currently, somewhere in Milford CT last I heard. My expected delivery date was August 23, but a combination of delivery infrastructure issues and an apparent crack/chip in the windshield has caused three weeks of delays so far.

I am enjoying all of your posts, and will likely be a regular poster once the car appears in my driveway.

I am stepping up to the EV from my 2007 Prius, and between my 2004 Red Ranger, my wife’s white 428i coupe, and the black Model 3, our driveway will look like a Yemeni flag.

I am a ‘86 UConn grad (bfa in Music), and a big UConn b-ball fan, as well as Red Sox, Pats, and Celtics. I recruit students for a small private university in NH, and sing professionally when it suits me.

Welcome abord Nikolas Dad !! Great to have you here on the forum !!

-- Cintoman

Hi all, many of the old-timers here are aware of and/or participated in the Carbon Pricing Awareness Raffles that Climate XChange (www.climate-xchange.org), a Boston-based 501c3 nonprofit that is working to address climate change through education and research on carbon pricing, reduction and resilience, held in 2015 and 2017. Both featured grand prizes of a Model S (or X in 2017), including taxes paid on the prize.

I'm on the CXC Board and very involved in the raffle. I wanted to let both old-timers and new folks here know the we are now planning for the 2018 raffle to launch in September, and thinking about some interesting changes to the prizes. Please take a look at the discussion here: #699

The Climate XChange 2018 Carbon Pricing Awareness Raffle launched last week - we're giving away THREE Teslas this year!

More info and TMC discussion at 2018 Carbon Pricing Awareness Raffle - THREE Teslas!

Or go straight to 3rd Carbon Pricing Raffle

Thank you in advance for your support of carbon pricing in MA and beyond - 17 state efforts and counting!

Reactions: EdA
Got my Tesla home delivered on Tuesday 09/19. It was a really smooth process. The transport driver called me from NJ and asked when he can deliver the car. He then called me when he was near home. Other than a thin layer of dust, the car was immaculate. The whole process took less than 30 minutes.

When I knew the car was actually coming on a certain day, I went to the DMV with the signed purchase agreement and got a temporary plate for the car so that I can drive immediately.

That said, I am still waiting for the full paperwork and for Tesla to register my phone to use the app on my car.

Over all, I was happy with the home delivery.

Attachments

• 20180919_125408.jpg
    20180919_125408.jpg
    697.9 KB · Views: 43
  • 20180919_124557.jpg
    20180919_124557.jpg
    728.8 KB · Views: 39
  • 20180919_170222.jpg
    20180919_170222.jpg
    596.1 KB · Views: 43
its been 5 days since the delivery, have not got the paper work yet and my App is still not working. When I call support about this, they say the delivery team has still not marked car as delivered!!!!

Other than this, the car is a dream to drive.

Maybe they're right, and you're dreaming the whole thing... pinch yourself!

Reactions: AZRI11