Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Equalizer In Version 8.0.2.50.114 - Please Share Settings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Andyw2100

Oct 22, 2014
Ithaca, NY
The most recent firmware update--version 8.0.2.50.114--includes two new equalizer settings. I am including a photo.

I am hoping some audiophiles may suggest some good settings for the new equalizer.

Thanks!

New Equalizer.jpg

Last edited:
I have the light harmonic system with a 10'' kicker sub. Hoping others with the LH system chime in. Paging @WayneMa

Since there are so few people with the Light Harmonic system, relative to those with the Tesla system, perhaps settings specific to the Light Harmonic system might be shared in one of the existing LH threads, so as not to confuse people in this thread. Just a suggestion...

Reactions: bhzmark and sbtz
Mine is scheduled to install overnight. I have standard audio. There was also an update to the Android app. Just some minor fixes. Don't know what it fixed but it's slow as molasses to load! I was hoping for a real update that @elonmusk mentioned for this month. Getting late in the month...

• Informative
Reactions: Andyw2100
I just picked up the car last week. How do you update the firmware?

You'll get a notice on your 17" display when there is an update available. There will be instructions on that notice about whether you want to update immediately or at a time you can set in the future. There is nothing you can do to receive the update any sooner than Tesla wants to send it to you. If your car goes in for service, it will be updated with the latest firmware, or the firmware will be loaded for you to install later.

There is nothing you can do to receive the update any sooner than Tesla wants to send it to you.
While that's generally true, it was my understanding that having your car connected to WiFi improved your odds greatly, since the car can opportunistically download larger amounts of data on WiFi instead of having to use cellular data bandwidth.

wifi affecting odds: myth
Your single-word refutation doesn't provide any sources or data.

Deciding whether large assets can be opportunistically downloaded depends very much on whether the current network connection is WiFi or cellular. This is because cellular data is much more expensive for the person who has to pay for it (i.e. Tesla).