Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New estimated delivery on Tesla page

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah I don't think it's a accident that they're not letting people test drive the awd version. I've heard people compliment the performance of both, but I've yet to hear a single account of someone actually testing both versions and comparing them.

This wait is like the night before Christmas when I was a kid, except the "night" lasts 4 months...
At $4K, I wonder if there is any margin for Tesla on this model. I'd have to imagine the extra hardware (front drive unit) has to cost $2-3K at least for Tesla, no?

Clearly Tesla is prioritizing the highest margin orders - and who can blame them. As a customer (and stockholder), we all need Tesla to be financially strong and the Market to have confidence in them.

Hopefully we’ll find that “by October” turns into September and everyone else with an order already placed follow quickly thereafter (and well before the EV credit deadline of 12/31.)

• Disagree
Reactions: TechSavvyWife
Yeah I don't think it's a accident that they're not letting people test drive the awd version. I've heard people compliment the performance of both, but I've yet to hear a single account of someone actually testing both versions and comparing them.

This wait is like the night before Christmas when I was a kid, except the "night" lasts 4 months...

Well, the guy who made the original AWD video doens't live too far from me, so I'll definitely ping him for a meet up so we can test our AWD vs AWD-P soon enough. He was one of the first to report back on the RWD vs AWD comparison as well.

Reactions: SoCalGuy
My estimate changed from "Aug18 - Oct18" to "by Oct 18". Ordered P3D on July 9 2018.
Same here, with white on white P3D. Ordered 6/27/18. Of note, my girlfriend ordered non-P blue/white interior dual motor same day and is now already scheduled for delivery on 9/1. She reserved online night of reveal while I waited in line earlier that day. Clearly ordering performance is no guarantee of earlier delivery.

• Disagree
Reactions: TechSavvyWife