Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New feature, pop the door on latest app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the above method doesn’t work that well now. The current one to add 5 apps to favourite is just hold and move the app on top of the last or first app and then quickly release the app after pushing it gently to the far corner.
Just in case you didn’t get this yet, I just figured it out. You have to use both hands. Move the icon to the far right corner, while holding that icon in the far right corner (to the right of the last icon) move the first icon over toward the second icon. It will then add your icon as the fifth icon.

This super confusing but it worked for me.

Just in case you didn’t get this yet, I just figured it out. You have to use both hands. Move the icon to the far right corner, while holding that icon in the far right corner (to the right of the last icon) move the first icon over toward the second icon. It will then add your icon as the fifth icon.

This super confusing but it worked for me.
Im not to sure about the 2 hand manoeuvre but if if it works for you so be it!....However. this is meant to be a favourite/shortcut to where?.....I mean as to where else within the app?.... I dont want it on the main screen since as mentioned it could lead to accidental not easy to reverse mistakes so my question is where can one drill down into the app should the need arise 🧐

A good point made on the other thread discussing this feature is to be careful if you do move it to your 'favourites' as if you catch it by accident, no way to close the door again remotely. For that reason I've decided against promoting it to the favourites but glad its an option should I need it.
Yeah, I discovered that right away. Fortunately, the car was at home so I could walk over to the garage and close it.
It should be in the controls section, and have a confirmation like the frunk control.

I think the above method doesn’t work that well now. The current one to add 5 apps to favourite is just hold and move the app on top of the last or first app and then quickly release the app after pushing it gently to the far corner.
On my Pixel phone, at least, you can just slide the first or last icon over, and make a space; then you can move it back and/or add a new icon into the space.

Im not to sure about the 2 hand manoeuvre but if if it works for you so be it!....However. this is meant to be a favourite/shortcut to where?.....I mean as to where else within the app?.... I dont want it on the main screen since as mentioned it could lead to accidental not easy to reverse mistakes so my question is where can one drill down into the app should the need arise 🧐

Maybe I’m being a bit dim, but how can you use this feature without adding the icon to the favourites?
Im with dim 😆

Reactions: Sparky750
I have now moved the climate control fan icon (never used or needed here!) for the frozen door opener (needed all through winter ;) ). It drops the window and pops the door as expected.
So are you saying that you never remotely heat or cool your car from the app? I use that fan icon on a daily basis. Always fun watching dinosaur owners approaching their oven-hot or frozen car while your Tesla is primed ready to go.

Reactions: Js1977
So are you saying that you never remotely heat or cool your car from the app? I use that fan icon on a daily basis. Always fun watching dinosaur owners approaching their oven-hot or frozen car while your Tesla is primed ready to go.
Agreed, in fact that and charge percent are the only things I bothered to add to Google home. I can now say 'hey, Google prepare <can name>', to enable the HVAC!

Yes exactly. But you live down in the south (near the equator) according to your profile. Up here in the Highlands I have never required to cool my car before entry.

The defrost and seat and cabin heating before entry are on a different page on the app and are used regularly in the winter!

Yes exactly. But you live down in the south (near the equator) according to your profile. Up here in the Highlands I have never required to cool my car before entry.

The defrost and seat and cabin heating before entry are on a different page on the app and are used regularly in the winter!
Ah I see, you missed the 40 degC+ summer! But did you know that the fan icon also switches on the heating too when it's cold?

Reactions: Js1977
The door opener has to be moved to the active space to function. That’s not great as it could be activated accidentally.
would be much better placed in the controls section with a secondary yes/no warning.
The lack of a confirmation requirement when using the new "door open" function seems a big omission to me. Hopefully it is something Tesla adds in a future update.

The lack of a confirmation requirement when using the new "door open" function seems a big omission to me. Hopefully it is something Tesla adds in a future update.
Not been offered the app update yet so can't check for myself but is the driver door opening only available when within Bluetooth range?

The bonnet open function was changed recently to not require confirmation if within Bluetooth range with an "are you sure?' type modal if you weren't.

Wondering if the same logic applies here?

Not been offered the app update yet so can't check for myself but is the driver door opening only available when within Bluetooth range?

The bonnet open function was changed recently to not require confirmation if within Bluetooth range with an "are you sure?' type modal if you weren't.

Wondering if the same logic applies here?
Bingo! Great thinking. Just tried from out of bluetooth range and it results in a pop-up error: "Command Failed -- Make sure you are next to car and have Phone Key set up".

As has already been mentioned - as far as I can tell there is no control for this anywhere in the app. You have to move it to and replace one of the other quick controls to use it . There’s no confirmation with the press either - it immediately pops the drivers door. The window is dropped too.

Now that they’ve shown this is possible it would be cool to have the ability to pop any door from a UI inside the car, like Model X owners can do. Would make it much easier for passengers to get in, currently I have to roll down the window and tell them what to do with the handle.