Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Firmware 2018.2 Released

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got it and was (excitingly, for the first time) the first one to report over to ev-fw!

It has the exact same release notes as the previous version, with the auto sensing wipers and the improved easy entry. Other than that, release notes just said "minor updates". I am not planning on driving anywhere tonight so there's really nothing yet to report in terms of improved AP performance.

Related chart
0URZxjJ.jpg

Reactions: HankLloydRight
Got my update a few days ago. Was having Easy Entry and Profile save issues. Would not save and remember my steering wheel position. New updates fixed that issue. Auto wiper fully retract after a few minutes. Which is also a fix. Seems to wipe almost exactly when I would want them to wipe. Of course that is a personal preference observation. Others may think differently. It does wipe less often at night. But, again it is in alignment with how I would wipe even at night. In fact, there was a few times that I consciously reacted to needing to wipe and then it wiped before I got the chance. So, I would say it was working beyond my expectations. Since auto wiping seems to be such a preference item I am glade they have the ability to turn it off with intermittent wiping still available.

This may be anecdotal, but I noticed a significant improvement in the AP2 auto-lane change feature. I'm a heavy AP user (commute from OC to Carlsbad every morning), and in-traffic when I need to change lanes, I would have to flip the following distance to 1, initiate the lane change, then flip it back to 4-5 after it completed. Frequently in heavy traffic, even this didn't work and I would resort to terminating the autopilot to change lanes. This morning, I no longer had to do this. I was able to change lanes in traffic just fine with the following distance set to 4-5. It would change lanes into narrower gaps and then reduce speed to build up the "cushion" between me and the car AP locked onto. In addition to fixing the clearance problem during lane changes, the delay between hitting the turn signal and actually initiating the lane change has been reduced significantly. Again, this is only one day's use, but I didn't have to do a single manual lane change during my commute this morning. That has literally never happened before.