Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New FSD details

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do know about the brake lights when the car slows with regen and with TACC.

In the past when I’ve used the turn signal partially depressed to change lanes under autopilot, then released before the lane change is complete, the car has abruptly changed direction in order to return to the original lane. Since that happened several times I started fully engaging the turn signal and then disengaging it once the lane change was complete. Has that abrupt behavior changed?

Once a front wheel is over the line into new lane there should be no bounce-back from cancelling the turn signal.

Here is the final version of Tesla Autopilot & Fully Self-Driving Pricing After 28 Feb 2019 based on latest reports from buyers.

YxBzjGk.gif

Would be nice if we could get Tesla (EM) to sign the chart above and be bound to deliver (eventually).

Is there been any such chart dating back to 2017 especially one that details EAP/FSD boundary?

SInce I did not buy FSD I am a little bit concerned about the yet to be delivered functions of EAP.

Reactions: Gt1948
Would be nice if we could get Tesla (EM) to sign the chart above and be bound to deliver (eventually).

Is there been any such chart dating back to 2017 especially one that details EAP/FSD boundary?

SInce I did not buy FSD I am a little bit concerned about the yet to be delivered functions of EAP.
Well this is what Tesla and I agreed to when I per-ordered-paid for- 2+ years ago.

IMG_0266.PNG

IMG_0267.PNG

IMG_0268.PNG

IMG_0269.PNG

IMG_0270.PNG

IMG_0271.PNG

IMG_0272.PNG

Once a front wheel is over the line into new lane there should be no bounce-back from cancelling the turn signal.
Per the manual, you can depress the turn signal and hold it depressed (or raised) in the springloaded position where it will turn off, return to center if you let go (instead of over the notch where it stays there until the turn is complete) to conduct a lane change. You are supposed to keep the turn signal stalk in that position until the car has moved into the new lane and the two "lane lines" turn solid or the lane line on the side you crossed (which became dashed when you initiated the lane change) goes solid again. With this approach, I have never had the car "snap back" to the original lane.

I tried it again yesterday. I was half way over and released the stalk, it abruptly moved back to the original lane.

I’ve forgotten whether it was regular autopilot or the navigate on autopilot that I was using at the time. I was playing with both. I do like the navigate on autopilot but it makes the exit ramp an adventure, some exit ramps are more entertaining than others. I really don’t like wiggly car adventures so I’m not using it to exit any more. I do appreciate the efforts Tesla goes through to provide me with all these features, though. I like the smooth features. The decelerate, accelerate, steer toward the left in a sharp right curve, then a brake just doesn’t go well with my blood pressure controlling medications. On the other hand, it does seem to potentiate the effects of caffeine. I’m always totally alert, perhaps even hyper alert, after a particularly wiggly beta software exit ramp experience.

Reactions: BridgeMojo
I tried it again yesterday. I was half way over and released the stalk, it abruptly moved back to the original lane.

I’ve forgotten whether it was regular autopilot or the navigate on autopilot that I was using at the time. I was playing with both. I do like the navigate on autopilot but it makes the exit ramp an adventure, some exit ramps are more entertaining than others. I really don’t like wiggly car adventures so I’m not using it to exit any more. I do appreciate the efforts Tesla goes through to provide me with all these features, though. I like the smooth features. The decelerate, accelerate, steer toward the left in a sharp right curve, then a brake just doesn’t go well with my blood pressure controlling medications. On the other hand, it does seem to potentiate the effects of caffeine. I’m always totally alert, perhaps even hyper alert, after a particularly wiggly beta software exit ramp experience.

Sorry, should have mentioned in my first post that in my experience this applies to recent software updates from about 50.6 onwards, which markedly improved in this regard ... not sure which one you are on.

So... we don't actually have any cars yet with HW3, right? Just reiterating that until someone gets a HW3 upgrade we really don't know if any of the FSD features touted will be delivered by SW or by a HW/SW upgrade.

Some even say they are getting SW updates after they purchase the FSD upgrade. What's in that?

Yesterday I used NOA from St Louis to Rockford it handled lane changes, interstate changes and exit ramp flawlessly.

• Informative
Reactions: Itsuo-DC

Dont use the turn signal stalk. Use the AP stalk. Way better

Dont use the turn signal stalk. Use the AP stalk. Way better

AP stalk is good for confirming if using nav on autopilot and if the NOA has suggested a lane change. There we’re agreed, it’s excellent. If initiating a lane change that hasn’t been suggested by NOA or if using just plain autopilot without the navigation option, then one needs to use the turn signal indicator. In that case the turn signal needs to be blinking until the lane change is complete. If the signal is released early, the car abruptly goes back to the original lane. I’m not sure how far one needs to be in the new lane before releasing, it may be less than the complete lane change, but if only half way it’ll go back to the original lane.

Just a heads up:

Per Elon on Twitter regarding EAP/ FSD pricing:

In retrospect, lower price shouldn’t have been offered. Was done so because some simply couldn’t afford it. Prices revert to normal on Monday.

Invite to Early Access Program still valid for early adopters

FSD gets you free HW3 upgrade

Elon says prices will go back up on 18 March 2019.

Does anyone know about buyers who ordered before 28 Feb without EAP with a delivery date on or after 28 Feb? They were supposed to get free AP.

Also, buyers who ordered with EAP before 28 Feb with deliveries on or after 28 Feb were supposed to get free FSD. What happens to these two groups?

Does anyone know about buyers who ordered before 28 Feb without EAP who have not taken delivery yet? They were supposed to get free AP.

Also, buyers who ordered with EAP before 28 Feb and have not taken delivery were supposed to get free FSD. What happens to these two groups?

I'd expect it is based on order date, not delivery date. So previous purchase upgrades still stand.
Total guess though.

Does anyone know about buyers who ordered before 28 Feb without EAP with a delivery date on or after 28 Feb? They were supposed to get free AP.

Also, buyers who ordered with EAP before 28 Feb with deliveries on or after 28 Feb were supposed to get free FSD. What happens to these two groups?

They wait to get through the internal Tesla mess, but things will stand.

From a software perspective it's easy.

Reactions: mongo
Here is a table Tesla came up with on 10 March 2019 to clarify things. They were giving the free stuff to pre-28 Feb orders that were undelivered as of 28 Feb because these buyers knew that vehicle prices had dropped (all Model 3s dropped by $2,900) and they had not taken delivery yet and Tesla was still charging them the old, $2,900 higher vehicle price. The free stuff (free AP for orders without EAP, or free FSD for orders with EAP) was meant to compensate for the vehicle price drop.

However, on 18 March 2019, vehicle prices will go up again by 3%. Therefore the current situation seems like a complete mess because there are still buyers who ordered before 28 Feb and are expected to take delivery after 18 March price increases. Theoretically, these buyers could order another Model 3 between now and 18 March at cheaper prices and return their original order when it arrives. Therefore it makes sense that the free stuff that applies to pre-28 Feb orders that were undelivered on 28 Feb should continue until all of those cars are delivered but I'm not sure if Tesla will see it the same way.

hcCcKWu.jpg