Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NEW invites are out 2/28/18

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Because I was counting every excruciating minute I was waiting in line and made a point of remembering what time I finally made my reservation. :) Were you there early enough to get a numbered ticket from "ticket guy?"

No. I started in line close to the entrance to Nordstrom’s. Though I just checked my phone photos from that day and I was at the entrance to the store at 11:47am.

Reactions: kelly and trojaneen
Hope everyone who gets invited is adding your info to the Delivery Spreadsheet! Model 3 Invites

From the dozen people from today's batch that have posted or update the spreadsheet so far the vast majority appear to be on the West coast this time, which is what I thought would happen since they will be likely be delivered by end of March for Quarterly sales.

West coast, but not Bay Area. I bet Bay Area is next for the last minute first quarter deliveries.

Reactions: favo
It's baffling that Tesla is sending new configuration invitations. I configured and received order confirmation January 30th, but have yet to receive a VIN # or a delivery estimate. Unfortunately, I sold my Mercedes this week in anticipation of this Model 3. Several scenarios come to mind including: 1) Tesla is accumulating cash at $2500 a pop for each new configuration; 2) Sub component deliveries (batteries) were delayed; 3) A major quality snafffu halted production; 4) Frustrated Model 3 candidates reasoned that they weren't going to see a tax rebate, and decided to by the S or X, which reduced capacity for building Model 3s

Regardless, y'all shouldn't get too excited about your invitation to configure. You're still several months out.

It's baffling that Tesla is sending new configuration invitations. I configured and received order confirmation January 30th, but have yet to receive a VIN # or a delivery estimate. Unfortunately, I sold my Mercedes this week in anticipation of this Model 3. Several scenarios come to mind including: 1) Tesla is accumulating cash at $2500 a pop for each new configuration; 2) Sub component deliveries (batteries) were delayed; 3) A major quality snafffu halted production; 4) Frustrated Model 3 candidates reasoned that they weren't going to see a tax rebate, and decided to by the S or X, which reduced capacity for building Model 3s

Regardless, y'all shouldn't get too excited about your invitation to configure. You're still several months out.

Tesla is building cars in batches by color and wheel type. They just finished up cars with sport wheels and are now assigning VINs for cars with aero wheels. Color order seems to be white, black, midnight silver, silver, red, blue, if I remember correctly. There is another thread discussing the delays in VIN assignment if you want more details.

No recent VIN assignments?

I have followed this forum for a long time, but I never had a good reason to post until now.
Just received my invite today and gotta say I am super excited.

Spreadsheet updated
I am a non-owner
Reserved in Sunnyvale 3/31 around ~11:00 am
If I remember correctly was about 81st in line.
Original estimator was Dec - Feb which got pushed to Mar - May

Before the delays I was ready to pull the trigger and configure as soon as I got the invite, but got to say now that AWD has been spotted in the wild I am conflicted. The estimate on the configurator says Mid 2018 for AWD. Seems like plenty of others holding out to see what options materialize. Just not sure I can wait that long.

Are you a non-owner AND non-line waiter?
Yes, confirming, Non-Ownere; Non-Line waiter, no Tesla relationship. I reserved Online.

I went to the UTC Mall in San Diego around noon on the 3/3/16 to attempt to be a line waiter, but it was 6+ hrs deep, so I said no point and waited to place the reservation online.

The only things I've done is they invited me to test drive a Model S last summer, which we did, and I went to the Tesla Store a few weeks back to check out the M3 on display and they asked if I'd be interested in a M3 test drive when they become available, and I said sure, sign me up. That's it.

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde
I'm surprised to hear that online deposit holders are receiving invitations. I heard they took about 150,000 deposits in the stores before the online orders went live. There is no way they could be anywhere close to fulfilling those orders. This doesn't make sense.

I placed my order online within the first five minutes but I'm still showing April-June for first production.

• Disagree
Reactions: UZJedi and RenMan68
I'm surprised to hear that online deposit holders are receiving invitations. I heard they took about 150,000 deposits in the stores before the online orders went live. There is no way they could be anywhere close to fulfilling those orders. This doesn't make sense.

I placed my order online within the first five minutes but I'm still showing April-June for first production.

That equates to about 2300 line waiter reservations by location (65 locations). I kind of think that there are less than that number that waited inline (hopefully, as I was an online res).

There have been several, but only in San Diego. Appears to be a peculiarity with that particular pipeline.