Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NEW invites are out 2/28/18

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm surprised to hear that online deposit holders are receiving invitations. I heard they took about 150,000 deposits in the stores before the online orders went live. There is no way they could be anywhere close to fulfilling those orders. This doesn't make sense.

I placed my order online within the first five minutes but I'm still showing April-June for first production.

All the online orders that received the invites yesterday seem to be on the western side of the U.S. (not that it stops me from checking mine religiously), particularly in San Diego.

I'm surprised to hear that online deposit holders are receiving invitations. I heard they took about 150,000 deposits in the stores before the online orders went live. There is no way they could be anywhere close to fulfilling those orders. This doesn't make sense.

I placed my order online within the first five minutes but I'm still showing April-June for first production.
150 000?
Then the Model 3:s had rolled in on the scen 20 minutes after the event had started Elon said that they had reach about 110 000 deposits. By that time it had been possible to order online for over an hour so I'm quite sure that stories reservation is quite a bit under 100k. Then remove all reservation that was made outside of US as they doesn't matter at this time and we have got down quite a bit. Now it don't look like everyone that stood in line in US have been invited to configurat so something isn't right but 150k didn't stood in line.

Reactions: Nurkbonis
I'm wondering if my approval by Tesla Finance underwriting yesterday, for my lease assumption, had anything to do with getting our invite email yesterday...an hour after underwriting approved us.
I reserved our spot online 5 minutes after the online orders started being taken.
Stoked we got it, but likely going to pass now that I'm picking up my P90D on Saturday.

I remember that during the reveal there was a number of reservations in the background that I believe was somewhere around 134,000. Thus, it cannot be that there were 150,000 reservations before the reveal at the showrooms. If indeed there are 65 locations throughout the U.S., then I would hazard a guess that the number of line waiters would be somewhere around 13,000 (200 per location). Of those 13,000 there could be significant numbers that will not order but put their reservation on hold. I've seen in other posts that the number putting on hold is somewhere around 1/3. Thus, the 13,000 is reduced to 8,710 which could be about two months production looking forward. If all of this holds true then I would expect that the line waiters could be completed somewhere around the end of April. If my guess is anywhere near reality, then there were a lot of people reserving on line as soon as the site was opened.

150 000?
Then the Model 3:s had rolled in on the scen 20 minutes after the event had started Elon said that they had reach about 110 000 deposits. By that time it had been possible to order online for over an hour so I'm quite sure that stories reservation is quite a bit under 100k. Then remove all reservation that was made outside of US as they doesn't matter at this time and we have got down quite a bit. Now it don't look like everyone that stood in line in US have been invited to configurat so something isn't right but 150k didn't stood in line.

Where are the online orders going to ? If it is just for CA .. then it could just me for end of quarter deliveries ...

It's baffling that Tesla is sending new configuration invitations. I configured and received order confirmation January 30th, but have yet to receive a VIN # or a delivery estimate. Unfortunately, I sold my Mercedes this week in anticipation of this Model 3. Several scenarios come to mind including: 1) Tesla is accumulating cash at $2500 a pop for each new configuration; 2) Sub component deliveries (batteries) were delayed; 3) A major quality snafffu halted production; 4) Frustrated Model 3 candidates reasoned that they weren't going to see a tax rebate, and decided to by the S or X, which reduced capacity for building Model 3s

Regardless, y'all shouldn't get too excited about your invitation to configure. You're still several months out.

If you are laying out possibilities, how about this: There was a temporary pause in production while they upgraded some aspect about the line. They have issued new invitations because they are about to have a major increase in weekly production.

Reactions: EinSV
Line-waiter, non-owner in Utah and still no invite. Now that it's March, we can renew the speculation that Tesla is getting everything in place to open the floodgates on deliveries next month to maximize the federal tax credit.

Edit: checked my account too - can't configure.

I remember that during the reveal there was a number of reservations in the background that I believe was somewhere around 134,000. Thus, it cannot be that there were 150,000 reservations before the reveal at the showrooms. If indeed there are 65 locations throughout the U.S., then I would hazard a guess that the number of line waiters would be somewhere around 13,000 (200 per location). Of those 13,000 there could be significant numbers that will not order but put their reservation on hold. I've seen in other posts that the number putting on hold is somewhere around 1/3. Thus, the 13,000 is reduced to 8,710 which could be about two months production looking forward. If all of this holds true then I would expect that the line waiters could be completed somewhere around the end of April. If my guess is anywhere near reality, then there were a lot of people reserving on line as soon as the site was opened.

Are you differentiating between "line waiter" and "in-store reservation, pre-reveal?"

I reserved at the Tysons Corner store at 6:30 PM on 3/31/16 and we were somewhere around the 60,000th reservation for the day according to the now-removed number in the reservation system's source code.

• Informative
Reactions: Waiting4M3
pretty frustrated... looks like people in other locations in line after me and even saw an online reservation are got an invite to configure.

In CA and was a day 1 in line non-owner... 130th in line and 11:09 reservation in Corte Madera.
I'll see all that and raise you. I was about 50th in line and I totaled my car 2 weeks ago during snow fall. Carless and waiting(crying) in a rental. I'm considerning tweeting Musk to ask for a bump up the line.

Got my invite today! Made our reservation online 5 minutes after it went live in 2016.
Now I'm conflicted as I'm taking over a lease of a 2016 P90D on Saturday. My wife and I looked at the 3 about a month ago and I realized I liked the S better. The 12 months in the P90D is supposed to be our "extended test drive".
What to do...what to do?!

Good for you.. Congrats. Very curious to know what was your delivery estimate before you received the invite ?

Line-waiter, non-owner in Utah and still no invite. Now that it's March, we can renew the speculation that Tesla is getting everything in place to open the floodgates on deliveries next month to maximize the federal tax credit.

Edit: checked my account too - can't configure.
Same here. Part of me is sad but I am waiting for AWD anyway, so not a disappointment.