Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NEW Model 3 Highland review!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Enhance Auto is working on aftermarket stalks for the S/X and next-gen 3, and they claim that gear shifting will be included.

This video shows a prototype version in a Model S:

View attachment 971289
That's true comedy to me. Having to buy back your functionality from a third party. Not because you want better tires or brakes, but because your car didn't come with a turn signal stalk. And didn't come with physical control buttons.

It's almost like they are slowly going towards: "We sold you the car and a touchscreen interface. Anything else you may want is none of our concern". Which is an odd way to sell a car, but a bold strategy. Let's see if it pays off for them.

Reactions: TimTam and jsmay311
Debating if I should pick up a Performance Model 3 inventory at a discount, or wait for this new one. I'm seeing some for $48k - $7500 fed tax credit would leave it at $41k. I don't know how much the new ones will cost and if it's worth the price difference. What does the forum think?

Indeed crazy discounts on inventory right now and I think I would have gone for it if I were in the market right now.

Regarding no stalks, I am not a big fan but would most likely get used to it.

Regarding fog lights, I would have them separate on the bumper as with the current generation, but, oh well...

That's true comedy to me. Having to buy back your functionality from a third party. Not because you want better tires or brakes, but because your car didn't come with a turn signal stalk. And didn't come with physical control buttons.

It's almost like they are slowly going towards: "We sold you the car and a touchscreen interface. Anything else you may want is none of our concern". Which is an odd way to sell a car, but a bold strategy. Let's see if it pays off for them.
Seems to be a common theme amongst Tech companies - Apple, Samsung etc. No headphone port, no charger brick, no touchID, no case etc.

Reactions: TimTam
I noticed this earlier this moning, wow that opens really high!
Maybe you can adjust the maximum height back down like the current one, but otherwise be careful on a windy day!
Can deploy it on the highway for some extra downforce!

Screenshot 2023-09-06 at 13.00.28.png

• Funny
Reactions: TimTam
I like most the upgrades but am I the only one that thinks the front looks better on the current model 3?
Id be happy with either.
Unlike - I saw leaks of the iphone 15, it looks like the iphone 14 which looks like the iphone 13.
The 2024 model 3 looks pretty snazzy. Just different enough to differentiate, but still with the classic model 3 look.
I see model3 and model Y everywhere now, but every time i see one i find myself thinking about how good they look...

Im still checking my phone constantly waiting for a VIN and hiding driving my ICE car haha!

Reactions: cusetownusa
I like most the upgrades but am I the only one that thinks the front looks better on the current model 3?

Far from it. I even think it looks better than expected. Only thing i'm gonna do is apply PPF, tint the windows and maybe different wheels. And lower it in the future to finish it off.

I ordered exactly the same spec as below, will be delivered in okt-dec.

2023-09-06 21_33_33-Tesla Model 3 Highland hands-on review - YouTube.png

And the back looks great in white too.

2023-09-06 21_36_23-Tesla Model 3 Highland hands-on review - YouTube.png

Be careful to check whether the range is WLTP range (more optimistic than EPA range). Better aerodynamics could gain slightly better range, however.
Google says:

WLTP tends to result in slightly higher range figures compared to EPA testing, as it includes fewer aggressive accelerations and decelerations.

EPA testing is known for being more rigorous and often results in lower range estimates compared to WLTP. The EPA test cycle includes a higher proportion of city driving and faster accelerations, which can be less favorable for electric vehicle efficiency.

Google says:

WLTP tends to result in slightly higher range figures compared to EPA testing, as it includes fewer aggressive accelerations and decelerations.

EPA testing is known for being more rigorous and often results in lower range estimates compared to WLTP. The EPA test cycle includes a higher proportion of city driving and faster accelerations, which can be less favorable for electric vehicle efficiency.
I saw somewhere it's the same batteries, but the aero increases range 8%. So that would put it about 360 miles with EPA, we'll see how that works out.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Here is a new mod to give 2023 model 3 a rear screen like the 2024.
That didn’t take long!

Far from it. I even think it looks better than expected. Only thing i'm gonna do is apply PPF, tint the windows and maybe different wheels. And lower it in the future to finish it off.

I ordered exactly the same spec as below, will be delivered in okt-dec.

View attachment 971529

And the back looks great in white too.

View attachment 971530
It looks much better. In fact, the front fascia change is the only upgrade from highland that would even be interesting to me. I'd rather not lose the stalk, the LED will get old fast, nobody sits in the back, the ventilated seats aren't tied to AC so I wouldn't care. The front update makes the car look magnitudes better!
Aero doesn't do anything, the drag coefficient was only reduced by 4% from .23 to .22. That does NOT translate to a 4% range increase because energy consumption is NOT 100% due to aero drag. The reality is that aero probably only added 3 or 4 miles of range.
Carwow said 8%. I'm really doubtful of this as well. I wonder if they were comparing ranges not on the same testing schedule. It's extremely difficult for me to believe that these very modest changes in its body have accounted for an 8% increase in efficiency.

It looks much better. In fact, the front fascia change is the only upgrade from highland that would even be interesting to me. I'd rather not lose the stalk, the LED will get old fast, nobody sits in the back, the ventilated seats aren't tied to AC so I wouldn't care. The front update makes the car look magnitudes better!

Carwow said 8%. I'm really doubtful of this as well. I wonder if they were comparing ranges not on the same testing schedule. It's extremely difficult for me to believe that these very modest changes in its body have accounted for an 8% increase in efficiency.
This question has been asked 100x and no one has a real answer.

Why do you believe the seats aren't A/C? The S/X are, why wouldn't the 3?

Reactions: EatsShoots
This question has been asked 100x and no one has a real answer.

Why do you believe the seats aren't A/C? The S/X are, why wouldn't the 3?
In the out of spec review he comments about how cold the seats are, like really cold. And it looked quite warm outside (everyone wearing summer clothes) so I assumed they were AC (or at least vented from the ac

In the out of spec review he comments about how cold the seats are, like really cold. And it looked quite warm outside (everyone wearing summer clothes) so I assumed they were AC (or at least vented from the ac
Right.

There's no reason to assume the seats aren't AC. I think people with old S/X that didn't have AC seats don't realize Tesla changed that in the refresh/palladium S/X.

Reactions: dronus