Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NEW Model 3 Highland review!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you certain that the s/X have COOLED seats?

I tried them out and just felt ventilated to me. Even asked the Tesla mechanic and he said they were ventilated that just sucks air in. I have that on my 2017 MS and it is not as good as actually cooled seats.
Im new to all this, but if you put the AC on the feet setting would the fan suck that cooled air into the seat above it? Or does it get its air from somewhere else?
Might be a silly question, excuse me if it is :)

I'm not sure why everyone keeps talking about roundabouts. Haven't you guys ever driven in a parking lot? Your steering wheel could be spun around 3 times at the very instant that you suddenly and unexpectedly need to signal. And shift.
Its almost like when someone says they wouldn't buy a Petrol 4WD or an EV because then they would not be able to drive in the remote parts of Australia because they only have Diesel. Righto, like they were ever going to do that! If i was going to do that, for whatever reason, id just hire a 4WD.

Or not Buy an EV because you might not be able to drive to Darwin.. Trust me, if im going to Darwin its for a holiday, and im flying there hahaha.

When i test drove the Model 3 i said to the SA that i was looking at the LR, she asked why, i said range.. She asked "what do you use your current car for mostly?" Im like, 25km to and from work.. I started to click... So in my uneducated reaction i said, "but i might want to drive to Melbourne".. She said " You can still do that, it just takes a little bit longer, costs you less money and is a lot more fun. When was the last time you drove to Melbourne?" Thinking about it, i just fly so my reasons were not really that strong..

One really good realisation ive just had is that there are no roundabouts on my way to work, so im good hahaha.

Reactions: Ranu
Regarding turn signals and round a bouts, I think generalizing they are much bigger over in Europe than at least my neck of the woods in Washington State. They are usually so small that you’re only in them for a car length or so (depending on how soon you exit) before you’re exiting them which is why people tend to not use signals in them over here.

Also with the turn signal buttons on the wheel, someone mentioned for those of us that ride motorcycles think of the buttons as the turn signal switch on a motorcycle and they all of a sudden don’t seem so crazy.

Reactions: dronus
What are the chances Tesla will offer big discounts on the old outgoing Model 3s? And if so I wonder how long they’d last.

If I could get a RWD for closer to $30k and then slap on a tax credit I would seriously consider doing that.

I currently own a ‘21 LR but I am considering a RWD because of LFP.

I test drove a new Model S last week to see if I could deal with the stalk-less steering column and drive mode slider thing on the main display.

I couldn't - everything about it is awful. The small button to activate the horn makes it unlikely that you'll be able to find it in a panic stop or similar scenario, and people who are already lazy about signaling lane changes with a traditional stalk won't even bother if they have to look down at the wheel to do it.

As this configuration will most certainly make it into the Cybertruck as well, for the first time ever Tesla has no new vehicles that I am interested in buying. Well done, Elon - I'm sure Volvo and the other OEMs will welcome me with open arms.
Model 3 will have the horn button in the center of the steering wheel pad. EZ to press when stressed.

...think of the buttons as the turn signal switch on a motorcycle and they all of a sudden don’t seem so crazy.

Motorcycles don't use featureless capacitive-touch "buttons" and they don't provide any reasonable place for your grip other than the exact same place that it always is - right next to the gigantic rocker switch.

It'd be more fair to compare the stalkless system to setting the clock on your microwave, blindfolded.

Also with the turn signal buttons on the wheel, someone mentioned for those of us that ride motorcycles think of the buttons as the turn signal switch on a motorcycle and they all of a sudden don’t seem so crazy.
I have to doubt you've ever ridden a bike. How is a straight handlebar even remotely comparable to a round device that turns 180 degrees and more?

Reactions: bay74
I have to doubt you've ever ridden a bike. How is a straight handlebar even remotely comparable to a round device that turns 180 degrees and more?
I think it comes down to people who live in places with wide streets that don't make three different turn directions in a few seconds. Left, Right, Left, slow, flash oncoming lane to go, speed up, etc. Drive in England for a while and you'll see. It's constant turns, priority directions on narrow streets, cut in, roundabouts, it's madly chaotic - but that is truly what it's like. Some people just don't understand what it means to need to change turn directions rapidly. Or they don't make correct turn indicators while doing so.

And also, even if they are perfectly capable of making every turn perfectly, and the stalkless design may be the right car for them, it's going to be a different matter for granny & grandpa or people without great button spacial awareness. I can see the hapless being absolutely frazzled at not knowing where the turn buttons are. Those people have a hard enough time driving and signalling as it is. No-stalks is going to be an unsurmountable problem, they may get the first turn signal but on the 180° rotation there's no way they'll get the second turn signal, and they just won't do it. How do I know? I don't, I'm guessing.

Again, I have no proof of anything, just as everyone else has no proof of whether it's a safe design or not. Show me a sampling of 1000 typical good & bad drivers and let's see how well they do in many different situations. Any of this "I can do it just fine", "I can't possibly do it" bickering proves nothing except our own biases. I have those biases too.

It seems as though round-abouts are the only scenario people have difficulties with turn signals, a popular edge case. However, I go through one or two round-abouts (depends on the route) where I live and turn signals are not necessary. In fact they could send a wrong signal (pun intended). They are very small round-abouts of very slow traffic. Nobody uses signals here, its a small low key community.
In some countries, multi-lane roundabouts are common where using the turn signal is expected:

1693725337826.png

I just noticed ... no fog lights.

Every car I have had fog lights on seemed them at limited value, yes, they are low and are supposed to reduced reflection and "see" under the fog, but I just didn't get much of a benefit. The Rear Fog on the other hand is very valuable. There was mention of the fog lights somehow being incorporated into the main beam?

2nd review that mentions they don't like the lack of stalks... what a suprise.

For you folks with huge, multi-lane roundabouts, I’m sorry, it may suck for you. At least here in the U.S. on the east coast, roundabouts are few and far between. The only one I frequently encounter is in my inlaws’ neighborhood and that’s it.

IMG_2303.jpeg

”If” I ever get a Highland, I’m sure I’ll get used to the turn signals like I got used to one-pedal driving, having no speedo behind the steering wheel, having all controls on the screen, pushing a button to get out of the car, using a stalk to change gears, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: dronus
Well yes my country has a lot of roundabouts and since ive ordered the highland i need to get familiar with the turn signals. If i wont be able to then ive read that a company is already making a stalk retrofit kit so im not worried. The rest of the car is a LOT better so its worth it to upgrade.

Ive order before the release so i got a discount (old price) and was able to use a referral. Theyve stopped the referral for the model3 here now since the highland release. And i will get money from a subsidy of 3000 eur. All in all i need to pay only 39k euro's for the SR highland.