Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NEW Model 3 Highland review!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To be honest, that is an absolutely useless place to put it. It probably satisfied NHTSA or DOT or whatever agency oversees its requirement - if there is one.
Seems to me this is a much better spot than the mirror. Because it is a light, one does not have to look directly at it to see if it's on. Because it is inside on the pillar speaker grill instead of outside, it is more visible in all circumstances including more head positions. With the light outside in the mirror, one is presented with impared visibility from weather and from reflections on two shiny surfaces. Also, outside, the light would not be as accessible or bright causing one to have to look directly at it. Well done Tesla, except for one thing if it's true. Just a single light, just on the driver pillar, not the passenger pillar too? I don't know how that works for blind spots on both sides of the vehicle. When this is demonstrated on a car in the wild we'll see if it's true and how it works.

Last edited:
Hi
I am surprised that Tesla are not considering using the strip of LED lighting around the dash and tops of the doors as a blind spot indicator.
It should be easy to make this flash or change colour & flash if there is a vehicle in your blind spot!
Cheers
Steve

A lot easier to just add a little yellow indicator light to the extreme top right and top left of the screen; like the turn signal indicators. No additional hardware needed and it could be added to all of the current cars via a software update.

A lot easier to just add a little yellow indicator light to the extreme top right and top left of the screen; like the turn signal indicators. No additional hardware needed and it could be added to all of the current cars via a software update.
No. If you are getting ready to merge over, the screen is not really where you should be looking. Also, looking for an icon (blinking or not) on a bright rectangle with lots of other visual information is not as fast or easy as a dedicated light. Where they put it in Highland actually seems like a great location, if only they had not half-assed it by only putting it on one side of the car.

No. If you are getting ready to merge over, the screen is not really where you should be looking. Also, looking for an icon (blinking or not) on a bright rectangle with lots of other visual information is not as fast or easy as a dedicated light. Where they put it in Highland actually seems like a great location, if only they had not half-assed it by only putting it on one side of the car.

What is your source for claiming it's only on one side of the car? The feature is covered on page 128 of the manual (https://www.tesla.com/ownersmanual/model3/en_eu/Owners_Manual.pdf ) and it states "Your vehicle is equipped with a blind spot indicator
located in the upper speaker grill of the front doors." It says "doors" rather than stating it's only for the driver side door.

What is your source for claiming it's only on one side of the car? The feature is covered on page 128 of the manual (https://www.tesla.com/ownersmanual/model3/en_eu/Owners_Manual.pdf ) and it states "Your vehicle is equipped with a blind spot indicator
located in the upper speaker grill of the front doors." It says "doors" rather than stating it's only for the driver side door.
There were other posts here claiming it was only on the drivers side.

An early Highland manual on Sep 1st said driver door.

Sept 1st manual
Screenshot_20230916_130112_Samsung Notes.jpg

Manual newer than Sept 1st.
Screenshot_20230916_125952_Samsung Notes.jpg

Last edited:
You mean the FSD that has been promised by year end since at least 2016???

I always ask for the name of the Tesla program that is generating over a million miles per day of data.

I've even read that since there is no program - the data doesn't exist.

A million miles a day of it producing data.<---- The dream of Ford, BYD, GM, Nvidia.

Over 1 billion miles of collected data. Oh well, whatever its called I love using it. My vehicle data shows that I've used it over 150k miles so far.

Last edited:
Does this indicate that the relevant paragraph in the manual was updated/corrected since last week?

• Informative
Reactions: Whatstreet
Hello,

I have a 2021 Model 3 and just bought the acceleration boost and am loving it! It got me wondering, since I am thinking about upgrading to a highland when it becomes available in the US, will it have the option for acceleration boost as well? I know they lowered the top speed of the thing, and currently there is no performance. Will there be an acceleration boost? Does anyone know yet? Have there been any deliveries of the car yet so we can know?

Hello,

I have a 2021 Model 3 and just bought the acceleration boost and am loving it! It got me wondering, since I am thinking about upgrading to a highland when it becomes available in the US, will it have the option for acceleration boost as well? I know they lowered the top speed of the thing, and currently there is no performance. Will there be an acceleration boost? Does anyone know yet? Have there been any deliveries of the car yet so we can know?
A lot of people are wondering about that, but there is no official answer.

Hello,

One would think they would continue it. If the drivetrain is the same there's no reason not to offer an easy-money option...it's pure gravy for Tesla.

I know it's wishful thinking but every software upgrade (EAP, FSD, Acceleration boost) should come with the option for owners to transfer it if they buy a new car. People who have splurged for these things think twice about upgrading their car and paying for that option all over again - especially in the case of FSD where it's been paid and very little value has been gained so far.

A lot of people are wondering about that, but there is no official answer.
It will really suck to not have AB, however I've ordered the M3 LR highland hoping that ingenext will get their AB/Drift mode module updated once Highland launches in Canada/US (I'm from EUR). So I really don't care about what Tesla does, but I hope for some nice hacks - even enabling FSD as they did glitch the AMD Ryzen CPU in early 2023