Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Navigation Map (NA-2021.44-13555)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you tried changing your software update setting (Controls > Software > "Software Update Preference", I think) to Advanced?
It’s been on “Advanced” since I got the car. Works well for vehicle software updates just not, so far, for maps. Also the quiet download with no notification is odd- what if one suddenly wanted to use the car- is it like regular software updates where you have to wait once you have told it to download or it will just pause and restart when the car is parked again with Wifi.

s it like regular software updates where you have to wait once you have told it to download or it will just pause and restart when the car is parked again with Wifi.
You don't ever tell it to download updates. That happens automatically. You only tell it when to install the update.

If the map update download is interrupted it will just continue later. If you try to use navigation while it is updating the maps, after they have downloaded, it would probably tell you that it is temporarily unavailable.

Seems like TeslaFi recently added some basic navigation data tracking. Not the full suite of reporting like they have for vehicle firmware, but hopefully that's where they're heading. They added this nice graph tracking firmware too. Love seeing new features continuing to be developed.

1644621126451.png

My wife's model 3 has the map update but I'm still waiting. Checking my router logs every morning looking for a surprise.

LOL, I did get a small "consolation prize" firmware update (736.66 MB) this morning from 2021.44.30.11 to 2021.44.30.14.

I too got the map update last week. It was 5.8gb according to my router. I haven't noticed any differences in the map yet -- though I don't use the satellite view very often, which is where I imagine the biggest differences might be found.

I got my map today @ 11am. It was 6.18 GB. Same size as my wife's Model 3. I got in to go to lunch and noticed the green download arrow in the upper right corner next to the passenger airbag message on the main map screen. I checked the software screen and it started the download. (I believe the timing was just a coincidence) I left WiFi for over an hour and when I came back it continued as soon as I parked in my garage in WiFi range. Just an FYI for those waiting on it still. Here's the pic

Tesla 2021 Map 20220218_115811 copy.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: lensovet