Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New New England Supercharger Locations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Southern CT has 3 supercharging stations within 40 miles of each other (Greenwich, Darien & Milford). Nice to have nearby but would be better to have dispersed more like I91N between Hartford and Springfield (helps for southern VT trips).

I wonder if delays in additional stations has more to do with town zoning challenges than Tesla's efforts to install sites once red tape has been dealt with.

Southern CT has 3 supercharging stations within 40 miles of each other (Greenwich, Darien & Milford). Nice to have nearby but would be better to have dispersed more like I91N between Hartford and Springfield (helps for southern VT trips).

I wonder if delays in additional stations has more to do with town zoning challenges than Tesla's efforts to install sites once red tape has been dealt with.

Definitely this in New England.

Tesla has presented a proposed sketch plan of Superchargers at the Auburn Mall and asked the local planners to determine if its an allowed use by the town's zoning regulations.
Depending on the answers, they may need to redo parts of the sketch. This location may or may not work? I'm unsure. Its looks like the ball is in Tesla's court right now on there next move....

A Planning Board site review may be required before any building permit can be filed.
Currently, Tesla is not scheduled to go in front of the planning board yet; the board meets twice a month. That's all I know....

Sorry if this sounds repetitive from my last posting...

http://www.auburnguide.com/Pages/AuburnMA_planning/index

Last edited:
If that is the kind of schedule they are on, shouldn't the Sturbridge/Auburn dot be on the 2015 map, instead of perpetually on the "coming soon" map? ;)
The Supercharger maps are simply misleading. Tesla is deliberately over- representing what they can build to grow interest in cars. It is very disappointing. Same thing with the Chademo adapter, center console, etc.

Without Hookset, there is nothing practical in NH. They have been promising this one.

Portsmouth NH appears set to be the first SC in the northern tier of New England: it's already got its own page on the Tesla Motors website. Great for I-95 travel, including runs up NH-4 to North Conway or into Maine. Not helpful as a transit point to Vermont. You'll just have to ski/snowboard in Maine this winter, @bhuwan!

I hope they get Portsmouth going soon. That would avoid having to detour to RI.

They are rebuilding the New Canaan rest areas on the Merritt. Only 15 miles from Greenwich and 10 miles from I-95 supercharger in Darien, but while they are dug up it would be nice to see them put in superchargers. I think the Greenwich superchargers will get busy pretty quickly.

I doubt it. They are rebuilding the rest stops on I95 as well. Branford is under construction but no Tesla SuperCharge station appears to be going in. Clinton is being rebuilt as well. Both would be great additions but I'd still prefer Springfield,MA showing up on the radar soon.