Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New New England Supercharger Locations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, @HankLloydRight,

That's it all right. It used to be a grand, awesome, madcap bowl o' traffic. The kind of thing where a young man could test himself against all comers to decide who would blink... And if you knew what you were doing, it was HIGHLY efficient for traversing from wherever you entered to wherever you exited. Maybe not so much for the rest of the traffic flow snarled in your wake, if they turned out to have a high percentage of the faint of heart...

Must've been "fixed" before '92, then, if you don't remember it. Because you darned sure wouldn't forget it. :)

Can't believe I'm actually missing a stupid rotary,
Alan

Are you talking about this one? When was it a circle? I live in Somerville and Brookline between 1992 and 2010 and never remember this being a circle^H^H^H^H^rotary.

View attachment 97813

Are you talking about this one? When was it a circle? I live in Somerville and Brookline between 1992 and 2010 and never remember this being a circle^H^H^H^H^rotary.

View attachment 97813

Yep, that's it. I remember it as a rotary when I was here in the early '80s but it was gone when I came back in the late '90s.

The best "drag strip" spot is to be first at a red light by the upper 2 on the picture, preferably in the left lane. I tried to do it in a loaner P85D last week but it was too crowded with midday traffic.

Cool site. Please pass along my thanks to your brother.

This is the new 'LiveandworkinMaine' set up by my brother who is a long time resident of Portland. http://www.liveandworkinmaine.com/

Maine is trying to be seen as more than a place to vacation. Superchargers would help with this mission..........Posted this as much for the TM people who peruse the sites as I did for all of us.

Excellent news!

Nothing else under construction or permitted in New England at the moment. C'mon Maine...

Don't blame us, it's Tesla's fault*!

EDIT * Fault is such an ugly word. It's Tesla's decision to prioritize other areas after the setback in Portland. But yeah, it is disappointing. I will happily go take pictures of construction if Tesla can ever agree a location in Augusta**.
** Or I'd settle for it magically appearing in the nav. But there's no sign of anything.

Last edited:
Interesting. When Tesla updated their Supercharger maps a few days ago, Portland and Bangor were off the 2015 map. They're back on again.

Superchargers 11-20-2015.png

No idea what that means. I took a ride around the Bangor Mall parking lot a couple days ago and didn't see any signs of construction activity, for whatever that's worth.

With all the recent Tesla changes to the supercharger maps interesting to see the 2nd location in eastern/northern Massachusetts is still in the 2016 map.
We've conjectured over this location before so we'll just have to keep checking permits in 2016. My guess is somewhere along 495.
NE Supercharger map.PNG

With all the recent Tesla changes to the supercharger maps interesting to see the 2nd location in eastern/northern Massachusetts is still in the 2016 map.
We've conjectured over this location before so we'll just have to keep checking permits in 2016. My guess is somewhere along 495.

Sounds like fun - I'll play! I did some photoshop work - I took the supercharge.info map & overlaid an extremely blown-up version of the Tesla map:

overlay.png

I then drew the teardrop shape, and placed it over the 'hidden' one behind Dedham:

overlay3.png

Assuming there's any validity to Tesla's location, then it appears to be in or just south of Boston. My first thought was that it was Hingham, where they're planning a store. That would make some sense (it's an outdoor mall), but the Hingham location is slightly south of Dedham, and that dot looks slightly northeast. I'm pretty sure it's not north on 128 or 495 (as wonderful as that would be!) - neither of those would hide so much behind the Dedham dot. Maybe in the city, like those parking garage SCs they have in London?

Ah - the fun of trying to out-guess the Supercharger team!

2015 and 2016 maps updated again: Portland, Bangor pushed to 2016. That's totally to-be-expected at this point, IMO.

Outside of NE but still relevant to my interests... Quebec City and Riviere du Loup also pushed to '16. RdL has been stuck in permitting purgatory for what seems like forever. Montreal #2 and Port Hope Ontario have disappeared completely! Kingston ON also appears to move significantly, which seems weird.