Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Price Model 3 SR+ $37,990 USD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I don’t feel that way. $2000 is not an insignificant amount of money. I bought my car from inventory, and I see on the website that there are 3 other cars with the same spec in my area, so I could probably replace within a day or two if I had to.

My preference would be a $2000 refund, but can understand that it may not be possible. A $2000 store credit may also be acceptable to me. I’m sure I could find a few things to make it worthwhile.

I really hope that Tesla can do something for us. I’m sure I’m not the only one that has purchased a new model 3 in the last few days.

You can’t replace the car in a day or two, that’s the issue. You’d have to get at least somewhat of a different spec - i.e. color.

I mean you go for it by all means. Only you can determine how much hassle it’s worth.

I would at least call Tesla to see if they would refund the $2k. You don't have to cancel the order if you don't want to, but you might get a $2k refund or maybe a price drop on FSD, if you didn't include that in your original order. Maybe they could apply the $2k to premium data? You never know unless you call.
If Tesla wants to toss me the performance boost for free. I wouldn't complain.

Man, this makes SR+ an absolute no brainer over SR.
Autopilot
Better Range
Better Sound
Faster Acceleration

All for a price difference of 3k. Now, most of us can argue whether FSD is worth 7k/8k or whatever amount you feel. BUT, I doubt we'll see many people argue the value of SR+ over SR.

And for people that live in my state of NJ. 5k state rebate AND no sales tax. A higher end trim Camry or Accord will cost more. Please find me someone that believes Camry or Accord is on the same dimension as Model 3..

Not a chance they would give you anything unless you start the process of the full-refund and re-order. That's what I would do.
I sent an email to my delivery team. Just asking if Tesla has anything they are willing to do as a goodwill credit. You are correct, that I very much doubt that they will but can't hurt to ask. Not gonna go off on them or be rude, I realize i have zero recourse on it lol.

I sent an email to my delivery team. Just asking if Tesla has anything they are willing to do as a goodwill credit. You are correct, that I very much doubt that they will but can't hurt to ask. Not gonna go off on them or be rude, I realize i have zero recourse on it lol.
I took delivery of a M3 yesterday and my SA told me about this price change this morning. Said Tesla would send me a check back. I think if you are in the 7 day period you will get a “price match”. Talk to your SA for sure.

Hello everybody! I just purchased my Model 3P on Monday, and today the price drop. Technically, I am within the 7 day return period. I would hate to do that. Does anyone know what’s been done in the past for people who bought just before the price drop? Refund of $2000? Tesla store credit?

I love the car, but am a little bummed about the $2000 price difference- that money could go towards window tinting, etc.

Thanks!

I got my M3 yesterday and got a refund. Talk to your SA.

Does this factor in federal tax credit?

Nope. Pricing excludes destination charges, government fees, taxes, credits, promotional offers, and all options.

Also, pricing is for online orders in the US market in US dollars. Global prices, trims, and options vary by region and are not tracked. Base Price includes features included as standard at the current time and excludes impact of added/removed features.

Little bummed that I bought my Model 3 right before the Stay at home order (placed the order 2 weeks before, pick it up like 2 days before it started). So I have I didn't get the benefit of the 2k decrease AND in 2.5 months have only put a few hundred miles on the car thanks to not having any where to go.

Though flip side: My trade in (2014 Taurus SHO) likely would have gotten less now than it would have 2.5 months ago. So it's probably about a wash for me.

Same boat here. My car finally got delivered the Sunday (2 days) after our stay at home order came into effect. Kinda bums me out

I feel fine. My LR AWD was before the $1000 price increase at the end of the year, and I got the $1875 tax break, so I am glad I didn't wait until today to spend hundreds more for the same car, plus I wouldn't have been able to enjoy the car for the last 6 months.

Reactions: mrau