Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New rims? Well, covers.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
67E5FEAB-F546-4CE3-B1DD-7586EA97D5A0.jpeg

Reactions: Herroweric
Looks like powder-coated or painted Gemini aero wheel covers.

Based on the reg sticker and the mud flaps, this looks like a customer vehicle? Or was this a test drive vehicle at Tesla Gallery store?
If this is a test drive vehicle, then that's new. Otherwise if customer car, nothing new here.

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Yeah, you can see the TESLA store signage in the reflection. And there is another white M3/MY behind it.
It’s already been determined it’s a customer car. It has mudflaps in the rear which Tesla doesn’t sell, the covers just have the silver part painted with plastidip, you can still see the edge of the original wheel underneath, plus it has a spoiler which LR don’t come with, tinted tail lights, and all the other accessories.

The amount of mis-information people post here is crazy. I don’t even know why Level 1 is bumping a month+ inactive thread and starting it all over again.

I don’t even know why Level 1 is bumping a month+ inactive thread and starting it all over again.

Because it was referenced in a recent active thread about wheel colors.

@Gr8ken wow, that actually really improves the look dramatically! Every time I've seen photos of the blackened Gemini covers with the Apollo rim showing, I've disliked it. But your small tweak of leaving the "T" silver basically saves it. Nicely done.

Agreed! I've been searching for a style that I like but every cover I saw completely black just looked really odd. Amazing that leaving the T there makes all the difference in the world. Well done!! Was that done with a wrap or dip @Gr8ken ?

I did the same thing to mine but left the center "T" logo Crome to match the rim edge showing.
This is what I was planning on doing re: plastidipping the bright silver sections black, keeping the dark grey as-is, and adding the Tesla logo in contrasting color for a more finished look.

However, I don't love the silver rim showing from the wheel underneath so I'm planning on covering that and using a Tesla logo in dark grey for the center. @Gr8ken Did you just cover the center logo with tape and plastidip?

Agreed! I've been searching for a style that I like but every cover I saw completely black just looked really odd. Amazing that leaving the T there makes all the difference in the world. Well done!! Was that done with a wrap or dip @Gr8ken ?
I did one with PlastaDip paint and liked it enough to tape off the grey parts and spray them with a matte black permanent spray paint.

Reactions: lachambers