Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Software Update (Dec 18, 2018)

Tim Alguire

Aug 28, 2014
Vancouver Canada
Make sure you are far away from Canadian cell phone towers. Rebooting in Blaine didn't activate NAV on AP for me.
It’s funny, as it didn’t appear right away... I was driving away from the Blaine Starbucks where I did the two button and brake reboot.. after a couple minutes, the screen rebooted with the feature available. I had to pull over and activate the feature while stoped.

TheBear

Jun 27, 2017
Southall
Got the update this morning and enabled install by phone app (Nice :)).
Will not see the what's changed until I get back to the car this evening (Not so nice)
Would be nice to see update notes on the phone app and specific to models.

Reactions: Falkirk

McCaesar

Apr 27, 2018
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Got the update notice, but the install failed twice. This morning, AutoPilot wasn't working at all (cruise or autosteer). Would the software update failure be related to the AutoPilot failure or vice versa?

Tony_YYZ

Tezler Guru
Apr 7, 2016
Caledon, ON Canada
Got the update notice, but the install failed twice. This morning, AutoPilot wasn't working at all (cruise or autosteer). Would the software update failure be related to the AutoPilot failure or vice versa?

Yes. Place a call to support. They will likely push the update to you again and send out the commands to clear any stuck updates.

• Helpful
Reactions: McCaesar

BigMskiman

Mar 14, 2016
Pleasanton, CA
Woopie cushion, games & fireplace fully functional:cool:. Will do the AP locally, summons & doors checks and xmas trials next.

old |v2018.46.2|AP2,MCU1,PUP|
new |v2018.48.12.1|AP2,MCU1,PUP|

Drone Flyer

Feb 22, 2016
Canada
I don't believe the BMS will heat up the battery because the car is plugged into the wall. From my experience it has to be charging for it activate battery heating. However it hasn't got that cold in Vancouver to enable the snowflake symbol yet so it could react differently in colder temps.
I hope it’s not Donald Trump’s wall !

f-stop

Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver BC, Canada
Unfortunately, I can confirm that the auto-wipers are still not fixed in this update. Being in Vancouver, this is the #1 minor gripe about my car.
I haven't tested the wipers in 48.12.1 very much since getting the update the other day, but if it makes you feel any better IMO the auto-wipers have never worked very well - 3 years and ~30 firmware updates later for my MS 70D and I still have to intermittently manually push the button on the wiper stalk to clear the window in anything other than a heavy steady rain

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC