TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

New style Tesla OEM front console??

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Mother Frunker, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Mother Frunker

I hear that a new one is coming. Does anyone have details?

2. BertL

BertL Active Member

Do some searching here in TMC -- has been discussed recently. Sounds like it's the same or similar to the one shipping with MX.

3. Boatguy

Boatguy Member

How new is "new"?

I took delivery yesterday, what do you want to know?

4. DCWitt

DCWitt Member

image.jpeg Here you go....

5. Terminator

Terminator Member

6. Boatguy

Boatguy Member

The console has an aft section for phone (docks vertically once the property connector is installed) and misc stuff. The forward section is quite large and comes with two pairs of cup holder frames which can be moved around for different sizes, or can be used as dividers, or removed entirely. I use one for a cup holder and the other as a divider.
    IMG_0888.JPG IMG_0887.JPG

• Like x 2
  7. BertL

BertL Active Member

^^^ Appreciate the new console photos! Thx!

8. Reekdog

Reekdog Member

The new console also has an automatically closing sliding door that's much easier to slide open and closes with a slight nudge forward ala model X

9. Naonak

Naonak Member

When is it supposed to be available and for how much on cars that didn't come with it, any idea?

10. markn455

markn455 Member

I was at the Tesla store in Marietta this past week. They are NOT going to offer the new console aftermarket. I know things change but they were quite clear and I was not the first to ask. They pointed me to Evannex for a good after market console..or of course they will take mine in trade on a new Model S. :)

11. liuping

liuping Active Member

Strange, they previously indicated it would be available for $1250 through the online store. New Center Console notice email

12. markn455

markn455 Member

Wow, the left hand may not know what the right hand is doing. I hope this is true! I will be on the list for sure.

13. sberna2

sberna2 New Member

I reached out to the Tesla Gear site a week or so ago - here's their response (I bolded the important text).

Thank you for contacting Tesla Motors. We regret to inform you that the Premium Front Console is no longer sold through our Tesla Gear Site. We highly recommend contacting Service Centers to see if they may have the Premium Front Console available for purchase in their inventory. Please be advised that we do not have visibility on the stock available at Service Centers.

Tesla Service Centers

If the Service Center does not have any inventory consoles to sell,
    there will be a new integrated console sold as an aftermarket accessory. The new integrated console is a new product that will be able to be purchased through our Tesla Gear Site and Service Centers, however we do not yet have exact timing as to when it will become available.

We apologize for this inconvenience. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Best,

XXXXX

14. Edmond

Edmond Permanon

Kisses? That seems a little inappropriate...

• Funny x 1
  15. Naonak

Naonak Member

Depends on the service advisor. Tesla aims to make the customer happy... happy endings and all.

16. MDMGSO47

MDMGSO47 Member

Front console now comes standard for orders after April 2