Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Supercharger locations in 2017, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, obviously too keen here. Noticing that if you just use google maps and type these locations, these are all the default locations... lol

Seattle, Bellevue, Lynwood, snoqualmie, Sequim, Olympia, Arlington, Forks, Wenatchee, Okanogon
Ritzville and Ellensburg (presumably more chargers?)

Even Monroe isn't listed as being at the Fred Meyer we know it is :)

Still great news overall assuming not over-promising.

Ok, obviously too keen here. Noticing that if you just use google maps and type these locations, these are all the default locations... lol

Seattle, Bellevue, Lynwood, snoqualmie, Sequim, Olympia, Arlington, Forks, Wenatchee, Okanogon
Ritzville and Ellensburg (presumably more chargers?)

Even Monroe isn't listed as being at the Fred Meyer we know it is :)

Still great news overall assuming not over-promising.
Sorry, I rated this funny, but just the last line, really...

Reactions: MikeBur
I was hoping the blobby bubble north of Portland on the old non-zoomable map would have been 20 or 30 miles north, but looks like it's shown in the city of Portland instead.

Based on Seattle, Bellevue, Tigard and Portland showing new Superchargers and each having a store and/or service center (soon to be in the case of Portland) - is it reasonable to assume these would be installed at the same location as the store/service center?

Surprised to see one going in at Arlington. South Seattle and routes to Mt Rainier still not covered well.

That is my biggest disappointment. I really wish Mt Rainier is being covered. Not sure why there is Arlington planned when there is already one in Mt Vernon. Is there a large population with Tesla in Arlington commuting to Seattle area?
This is a bit of a head scratcher for sure. Enumclaw would be a much better option to cover the Mt. Rainier NP and Crystal Mountain traffic.

I thought that the Aberdeen area had a Supercharger in the works to fill in the coastal 101 route between Forks and Astoria. I see no evidence of that on the new map.

There was a big controversy over the Aberdeen supercharger. Shortly after it opened, I think it was the mayor who had pushed the approval through for putting it on city property admitted to owning Tesla stock and there was a big mess with conflict of interest. I know the city council was going to vote to revoke Tesla's permit, though I never followed up on what happened.

Just looked it up and apparently the city council renewed the contract:
Tesla Supercharger in Aberdeen will remain open after conflict of interest determination
http://www.teslarati.com/tesla-aberdeen-supercharger-open-after-mayor-conflict-of-interest/
I just looked at the map again and Aberdeen is there now. They must have updated the map overnight. I also notice the original Mt Shasta charger shows up now and it was gone last night. Maybe somebody responsible for the map is reading this thread?

It looks like US 395 north of I-80 won't be getting much attention this year. A supercharger in the NE corner of California would make it possible to get from Bend or Klammath Falls to Reno.

Rather than double up the superchargers in Springfield, OR and Grants Pass, I wish they would put one in Roseburg, OR. Roseburg works better when going down I-5 from the Portland area in an 85-100 KWh car. Grants Pass is right at the ragged edge of a 90's range, though a 100 could probably do it. Springfield is a little short.

Reactions: goneskiian
Forks IS on the list for 2017.
I'm just going by the label that comes up when you click on the icon for the proposed site.

They either are tagged as "Target opening date to be confirmed" or "Target opening by end of 2017"

Forks is in the former category.

That said, there are still a lot of inaccuracies on the map that are being resolved, so it probably doesn't mean anything.

from Find Us | Tesla

Locations still look tbd, though looks like Seattle downtown (at 5th street condos on Madison and 5th), Bellevue (on main and Bellevue way) near the park are being targeted toward those in DT condos...?
I believe the locations of these dots are the locations that show when you select 'Seattle' or 'Bellevue' as a location in Google Maps. The actual dots (SC locations) will be somewhere else in Seattle, Bellevue, etc.

Reactions: goneskiian
I believe the locations of these dots are the locations that show when you select 'Seattle' or 'Bellevue' as a location in Google Maps. The actual dots (SC locations) will be somewhere else in Seattle, Bellevue, etc.

If you click on those coming SCs it usually says
"Exact timing and specific location may vary"

In Portland they show two, one in downtown and the other in Tigard which happens to be where the service center is. I suspect the Seattle and Bellevue locations might be planned for the service centers there.

Reactions: Sather