Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla APP 4.x. Released for iOS and Android

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
WIth iOS version 4.1.0, you can now defrost your car in Climate with a pull-up menu

IMG_2455.jpg

I feel fortunate to have downloaded software update 2021.32.22 with the FSD Button, yesterday. According to the release notes my driving will be evaluated the next 7 days to ensure that I'm qualified as a safe driver. The notes also specify that each days Driving Score will be posted on the Tesla App version 4.1.0 or higher.

My Tesla App is only 4.0.2-657 from Google Play Store and the same version for my wife on the Apple App Store.

Has anyone downloaded the latest Safety Score version on either Apple or Android?

Reactions: beachmiles
I feel fortunate to have downloaded software update 2021.32.22 with the FSD Button, yesterday. According to the release notes my driving will be evaluated the next 7 days to ensure that I'm qualified as a safe driver. The notes also specify that each days Driving Score will be posted on the Tesla App version 4.1.0 or higher.

My Tesla App is only 4.0.2-657 from Google Play Store and the same version for my wife on the Apple App Store.

Has anyone downloaded the latest Safety Score version on either Apple or Android?
Yes, I finally got it this morning. But I had to delete the app, then reinstall it. It did not come in via automatic updates (iPhone).

Curiously, the Android app is NOT available on Play Store, but is available for those risk takers with an "unofficial" build on a mirror site. NFW I care that much to risk an unofficial app from (sorry) a non-verified source. Pretty easy to sneak in a difficult-to-detect trojan or virus for those taking that risk.

Every cybersecurity rule we are taught is meaningless with "unofficial" sources, in spite of it apparently running fine. All to get a feature a few days early.

The bigger question, IMO, is why Tesla has not officially released the Android version.

Curiously, the Android app is NOT available on Play Store, but is available for those risk takers with an "unofficial" build on a mirror site. NFW I care that much to risk an unofficial app from (sorry) a non-verified source. Pretty easy to sneak in a difficult-to-detect trojan or virus for those taking that risk.

Every cybersecurity rule we are taught is meaningless with "unofficial" sources, in spite of it apparently running fine. All to get a feature a few days early.

The bigger question, IMO, is why Tesla has not officially released the Android version.
Thanks for your response.

My phone is Android but my wife's iPhone. We could not get v4.1.0 app on Apple store either.

Thanks for your response.

My phone is Android but my wife's iPhone. We could not get v4.1.0 app on Apple store either.
Exactly the same here.

The FSD is turning to dung bomb. First, after paying thousands years ago we are still not allowed to get it without driving evaluation (don't even get me started on that). Then you cannot see you driving performance because the app version that is supposed to show it is simply not in the stores (including Apple). And to top it off - I was just reading that actually downloading the full FSD will disable my radar. I am starting to be sorry I clicked that button.:mad:

Exactly the same here.

The FSD is turning to dung bomb. First, after paying thousands years ago we are still not allowed to get it without driving evaluation (don't even get me started on that). Then you cannot see you driving performance because the app version that is supposed to show it is simply not in the stores (including Apple). And to top it off - I was just reading that actually downloading the full FSD will disable my radar. I am starting to be sorry I clicked that button.:mad:
Good news.

My wife's iPhone must have automatically updated the Tesla App.

I can NOW see my Safety Score on her iPhone but not on my Samsung Android.

Feeling much happier now.

Hope you get on your iPhone.

Reactions: m3car
Has anyone else with the iPhone 13 Pro or similar noticed that the vertical layout is messed up on the new app? There’s some padding missing that was previously there. Makes it hard to interact with menus at the top.

Attachments

• 0D17E116-9250-4FD1-BE42-79594A77AA89.png
    0D17E116-9250-4FD1-BE42-79594A77AA89.png
    371.8 KB · Views: 47
Exactly the same here.

*sugar*, that mean 80 mph max AP?

Get put in Jail frequently when I switch to my Y.

Reactions: m3car
Exactly the same here.

Yup, I'm getting extremely frustrated too. It's been a long wait, now the only Android app available to see your score is from sneakyhacker.com Not really useful even though it is expensive.

Reactions: beachmiles

I think removing the radar has at least 2 visible effects - limiting your max speed on highways and removing 1 from how close you can be to the car in front of you (now the closest is 2). The autopilot is already ridiculous in how far it drives back from the car in front - I always use 1 and people still get in front of me around here. And this is just the mellow stuff. I really hope they don't remove radar use from front collision prevention/warning. There's no easy way to test that - but if they do we may very well see each other in court.

I've been in a "granny" driving mode now for 2 days - to appease Tesla - and it's seriously adding to my stress level (having to baby it every single time I take a turn or step on the brakes or accelerate). My wife almost kicked me out when I told her I've started this trial and she needs to granny-drive for the next week. I mean it would be a disaster if we actually corner in a car specifically designed for high-speed cornering (talking about Model 3)...

Reactions: Tedkidd
Even more irritating when you are slowing down for a red light, and you are almost at a complete stop, and the car flashes the collision warning becuase of a car that turned in the intersection, which you are in zero danger of actually hitting, becuase you are almost stopped, and are not even in the intersection...

Even more irritating when you are slowing down for a red light, and you are almost at a complete stop, and the car flashes the collision warning becuase of a car that turned in the intersection, which you are in zero danger of actually hitting, becuase you are almost stopped, and are not even in the intersection...
...or use FSD for traffic lights 😃

IMHO The criteria are designed to filter out people who don't routinely used the existing FSD whenever they can.