Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New tyres at 60 000kms

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It would be close. You couldn't tell until you actually tried to fit them physically trial and error.
These are 19"
clearence19.jpg

It would be close. You couldn't tell until you actually tried to fit them physically trial and error.
These are 19"

Sorry I should have said callipers but was in a hurry.
Mate - I've washed the wheels on my car and I park next to my wife's car on 17's. There is no way that they'd fit. You can't put your fingers in between the callipers and the rim to clean them and it's tough to put a rag in between at some places.

I hazard a guess the quote is for Michelin Pilot Sport 3 that was fitted to the original Australia Dual motor vehicles, Michelin Primacy 3 has a slightly different speed rating and can be purchased for under $350 F and B.

Just looked. It's a current rear drive and has Pimacy3 - tesla aren't charging $350 - more like $650, and an extra $60 for fitting (one tire). I thought tesla doesn't mark up parts that way?

Just looked. It's a current rear drive and has Pimacy3 - tesla aren't charging $350 - more like $650, and an extra $60 for fitting (one tire). I thought tesla doesn't mark up parts that way?
I've been throught this and Primacy 3 is rated at 300km/h and much more expensive than the Primacy 3 ST at 270km/h. Tesla have the Primacy 3 ST too and will quote you much less for it !

Just got a set of Michelin Primacy 3 fitted after 50,000+km on the Goodyear Eagle RSA's. Loving them so far - like floating on air but glued to the road even in the wet!

As long as the wear live is there I'll be a happy camper!
I like the sound of that for my next tyres, but can you tell me exactly which tyres you got?
There seems to the following available:
- Primacy 3 (with load/speed rating 98Y)
- Primacy 3 (with load/speed rating 102Y)
- Primacy 3 ST

LOL!!!

I had exactly the same thoughts!

The Eagle RSA are 98V (750kg @ 240km/hr)

98Y (750kg @ 300km/hr)
102Y (850kg @ 300km/hr)

So either is above what came with Sparky.

I just asked for Primacy 3 & ended up with Primacy3 ST 102W.