TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

New Uberturbine wheels coming to Model 3

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Zoomit, Oct 11, 2020.

1. MJP.P3D-

MJP.P3D- Supporting Member

Perfect—thank you! We’re on the same page—I want these 20” Ubers for the Model Y. Thanks again. MJP

• Like x 1
  2. Kevy Baby

Kevy Baby Dis-Member

I want to do something like this to my Tesla

[​IMG]

• Funny x 3
    • Like x 1
  3. RoBoRaT

RoBoRaT Zero Farts Given!

Cool.

BTW, 255/40R20 Michelin Pilot Sport AS 3+ have this droning sound at 60-70 mph on my Model Y with 20" M3 Sportwheels. I'd use something else if I were to replace them.

4. MJP.P3D-

I’m planning on 265/40R20 Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 tires (slightly more side wall and slightly more curb rash protection). Thanks for the heads up on the AS 3+ rubber.

• Like x 1
  5. Sisko99

Sisko99 Member

I like the Uberturbines....though I liked the last wheels that were on the M3P too. Not super pumped about the Pirellis though. My experience is that they’re hard as a rock. Had Michelin Pilot Sport 4S’s on my Porsche (Which also had Pirelli P Zero’s as the OEM tire) and really liked those...even if they’re really bloody expensive. Oh well....I can’t think of an OE tire that I really liked..but at least they’re not Bridgestone Craptenzas.....

6. MarsOrBust

MarsOrBust Member

Don’t care for Pirellis either. Always had issues with them. I had one develop a lump on the side, looked like a giant pimple, they are hard and tend to crack as well. Never was happy with them Best luck for me have been with Michelin.

not overly thrilled with the uberturbines, Maybe if the were darker I would like them better. I did like the previous M3P rims.

• Like x 1
  7. Zoomit

Zoomit Active Member

You’re talking about tire brands like they only make one kind of tire compound. If the P Zeros are a Tesla-specific (T0) spec, there’s a good chance Pirelli will have tweaked the tire compound and previous reviews and comments about P Zeros will need to be checked.

I’ll give Pirelli/Tesla the benefit of the doubt until direct comparisons can be made with the PS4S’s.

• Like x 1
  8. MarsOrBust

MarsOrBust Member

I am not talking about specifically the Pirelli P Zeros, nobody really can yet. I am talking about my experience with the use of Pirelli tires that I have used in the past. All utter garbage. Now if Pirelli pulled a rabbit out of the hat and the Pirelli Zeros perform above my level of expectation I will be pleasantly surprised. Just not holding my breath to it.

9. Zoomit

Zoomit Active Member

Well, Pirelli is coming up on their 150th anniversary, so they must be doing something right.

• Disagree x 2
  10. Tessy80667

Tessy80667 Member

Dig the new 20" Uberturbine... but P-zero sucks, not even comparable to Michelin PS4S in terms of both comfort and traction.

• Like x 3
  11. MarsOrBust

MarsOrBust Member

They must be doing something right but it ain’t good tires.

12. Kevy Baby

Kevy Baby Dis-Member

See, that's the problem with this country: no one is willing to hold their breath any more...

• Funny x 1
  13. UncertainTimes

Sooo glad I ordered early and didn’t get the refresh with the Pzero tires

• Funny x 1
  14. Traaapt

Traaapt Member

I'll reserve final judgement until I see them in-person, but the previous gray performance wheels looked much better IMO, more sporty before.

uberturbine.jpeg

• Like x 5
    • Helpful x 1
  15. MJP.P3D-

I like! That wheel gap, on the other hand — wow! Need to drop that suspension ~20mm.

16. JulienW

JulienW Active Member

Yes but should be 25.4mm. 10mm is probably close to within tolerance and is just too subtle to be noticeable or matter.

17. Eddie1218

Eddie1218 Member

That is my exact config sitting there. I think I am going to have to save for some MPP coilovers to drop that a lil.

18. RacerChris

RacerChris Member

I'm wondering if these have blocks in place that are preventing the suspension from settling (from transport) - Looks a little high (my 3P Stealth on 18" wheels doesn't have that kind of gap!)

19. K1Woods

K1Woods Member

I think they look good. Surprised they didn't add the factory rear 3rd window tint to complete the look.

20. Gasaraki

Gasaraki Member

10 Lbs a wheel means 30 Lbs of unsprung weigh PER WHEEL. So you want to add 120 Lbs to your vehicle?