Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Uberturbine wheels coming to Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here we go! @Zoomit.

Minding (unknown) Load Rating of these new wheels...I am planning on putting these 20x9.0 square P Model 3 Überturbines on my P Model Y, to replace the staggered 21" Überturbines.

And reload 20 Sportwheels (when/if) I get this refreshed P Model 3.

Any thoughts?

Tires will be:.

P Model Y 255/40R20 Michelin Pilot Sport AS 3+
P Model 3 whatever the refreshed 20 tires are.

Picture for attention, current Y set up.

View attachment 599851
Perfect—thank you! We’re on the same page—I want these 20” Ubers for the Model Y. Thanks again. MJP

Reactions: RoBoRaT
I want to do something like this to my Tesla

b0c56083063fc692f1111fa45a475805.jpg

Cool.

BTW, 255/40R20 Michelin Pilot Sport AS 3+ have this droning sound at 60-70 mph on my Model Y with 20" M3 Sportwheels. I'd use something else if I were to replace them.
I’m planning on 265/40R20 Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 tires (slightly more side wall and slightly more curb rash protection). Thanks for the heads up on the AS 3+ rubber.

Reactions: RoBoRaT
I like the Uberturbines....though I liked the last wheels that were on the M3P too. Not super pumped about the Pirellis though. My experience is that they’re hard as a rock. Had Michelin Pilot Sport 4S’s on my Porsche (Which also had Pirelli P Zero’s as the OEM tire) and really liked those...even if they’re really bloody expensive. Oh well....I can’t think of an OE tire that I really liked..but at least they’re not Bridgestone Craptenzas.....

Don’t care for Pirellis either. Always had issues with them. I had one develop a lump on the side, looked like a giant pimple, they are hard and tend to crack as well. Never was happy with them Best luck for me have been with Michelin.

not overly thrilled with the uberturbines, Maybe if the were darker I would like them better. I did like the previous M3P rims.

Reactions: Callawayc7
Don’t care for Pirellis either. Always had issues with them. I had one develop a lump on the side, looked like a giant pimple, they are hard and tend to crack as well. Never was happy with them Best luck for me have been with Michelin.
You’re talking about tire brands like they only make one kind of tire compound. If the P Zeros are a Tesla-specific (T0) spec, there’s a good chance Pirelli will have tweaked the tire compound and previous reviews and comments about P Zeros will need to be checked.

I’ll give Pirelli/Tesla the benefit of the doubt until direct comparisons can be made with the PS4S’s.

Reactions: To3OrNotTo3
You’re talking about tire brands like they only make one kind of tire compound. If the P Zeros are a Tesla-specific (T0) spec, there’s a good chance Pirelli will have tweaked the tire compound and previous reviews and comments about P Zeros will need to be checked.

I’ll give Pirelli/Tesla the benefit of the doubt until direct comparisons can be made with the PS4S’s.
I am not talking about specifically the Pirelli P Zeros, nobody really can yet. I am talking about my experience with the use of Pirelli tires that I have used in the past. All utter garbage. Now if Pirelli pulled a rabbit out of the hat and the Pirelli Zeros perform above my level of expectation I will be pleasantly surprised. Just not holding my breath to it.