Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New update 2021.44.25 adds customizable app launcher like Model S refresh plus other major upgrades to system.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Love the new UI.

Can someone let me know of by splitting the HVAC from controls left right means you can adjust temp individually? Can't seem to achieve that maybe I misunderstood the feature.
I was struggling with this as well. Sorry for my poor memory. Once it's a split, there is a word, perhaps Split, slightly greyed out in the temp adjust screen. Touch it and it turns slightly blue, then each side adjusts independently.

Happy Holiday’s, all!

95AF3417-AB7C-4271-BB73-E9B2751429C3.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: M109Rider and Wnuk
Initial impression of new layout = nice improvements
Any time the UI of an app is changed substantially, some people will be unhappy. I think Tesla got tired of all the complaints about Apple CarPlay being missing, so they redesigned the UI to look like AC. My two other cars both have AC (one also has Android Auto) and I don't understand what the excitement is about AC. But that said, like you, I also like the new layout. Honestly, how often did anyone bring up the tire pressure card?

But on to the bad. The waypoints implementation is clunky, even though one can now edit a trip and rearrange individual waypoints. My main hope for the waypoint option was to be able to create better routing. Unfortunately, if I add a waypoint to assure that the navigation takes a route through a specific waypoint, it tends to go around the block in a convoluted fashion rather than taking a straight path through the waypoint. This seems like this is an artifact of the implementation. I'm guessing that it just "glues" two completely separate trips together. That would be great if I delivered mail for the post office I suppose.

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc and EVNow
Dang, this looks like a massive cluster. I'm skipping this for as long as possible.

All I wanted was long press on the fan to adjust the speed, didn't even do that. The rest of it is pretty crappy. Prioritizing streaming apps over wipers and seat heaters? That's really lame.

I asked elsewhere, is there any way to permanently dismiss the software install pop up/nag?

I really wish they would spend the time to make the software for driving rather than gaming, give me some control of the size of fonts-annotation.
The icons are now smaller than my cell phone and more fiddlerly to operate.
I have had this car for approx 1 year and expected more - like being able to adjust icon and font sizes, selecting a driving panel for the info I want to see quickly and making it easier than squinting at some of the small text/info meaning I'm taking my eyes of the road more than should be required.
Also grey text makes it more difficult to read in the sun. This V11 software does nothing to improve the driving safety, ease of the central panel icons, or useful features for drivers. also no heads up info either on the windscreen if you want to keep eyes on the road.
I really have been converted to electric cars by Tesla but thankfully I have this car on a 2 year lease only and with new EV's almost every month in 2021 means my choice is getting greater and if the s/w does not not improve or next models don't get an heads up display or better controls at the steering wheel I will not be a tesla driver in the future.

no one seems to be talking about re-arranging stops (waypoints). I didn;'t mind it before but now you could get crazy with stops and add and remove as you want on a road trip

Yes, this is one of the top new features for me. When I got the car a year ago I couldn't believe how primitive the navigation system was compared to everything else I'd used in the last decade, so it's great to have it catch up with the rest of the world a bit!

From my very brief tests today I'm generally liking the new UI. Some things are less accessible now, but in my case, they're not generally the things I use much.

I like having phone calls accessible from the bottom bar.

What I really hope I'll be able to put down on the dock in a future release is the glove compartment button! 😊

My complaint list:
Access to switch Bluetooth devices is buried in a sub menu now.

Seat heaters are buried in a sub menu now.

Access to the trip odometer is buried in a sub menu now.

Audio menu seems to be completely gone and replaced with a series of different source buttons?

Oversized useless visualizations from last year still haven’t given their screen space back.

I really wish they would spend the time to make the software for driving rather than gaming, give me some control of the size of fonts-annotation.
The icons are now smaller than my cell phone and more fiddlerly to operate.
I have had this car for approx 1 year and expected more - like being able to adjust icon and font sizes, selecting a driving panel for the info I want to see quickly and making it easier than squinting at some of the small text/info meaning I'm taking my eyes of the road more than should be required.
Also grey text makes it more difficult to read in the sun. This V11 software does nothing to improve the driving safety, ease of the central panel icons, or useful features for drivers. also no heads up info either on the windscreen if you want to keep eyes on the road.
I really have been converted to electric cars by Tesla but thankfully I have this car on a 2 year lease only and with new EV's almost every month in 2021 means my choice is getting greater and if the s/w does not not improve or next models don't get an heads up display or better controls at the steering wheel I will not be a tesla driver in the future.
Actions speak loudly, and most changes Tesla has made in the last year in the UI are anti-manual driving. Elon clearly does not want us driving our own cars and is not putting any resources into making that experience better, or perhaps even directing work to make it worse. "all input is error" as he says. I am not on a lease, but am considering selling and jumping ship in a year or two. I like to keep my cars for a really long time and for the first year and a half of ownership I thought for sure I would keep the car for 10 years.

Actions speak loudly, and most changes Tesla has made in the last year in the UI are anti-manual driving. Elon clearly does not want us driving our own cars and is not putting any resources into making that experience better, or perhaps even directing work to make it worse. "all input is error" as he says. I am not on a lease, but am considering selling and jumping ship in a year or two. I like to keep my cars for a really long time and for the first year and a half of ownership I thought for sure I would keep the car for 10 years.
I agree wholeheartedly. The great irony is that the Model 3 is by far and away the best “driver’s car” in the EV realm outside of the Taycan. I like my Tesla because it’s a great car to drive. If I can’t drive it, what’s the point?

I agree wholeheartedly. The great irony is that the Model 3 is by far and away the best “driver’s car” in the EV realm outside of the Taycan. I like my Tesla because it’s a great car to drive. If I can’t drive it, what’s the point?
Unfortunately I think the 3rd party CAN bus add-on makers (like S3XY buttons) really need to step up their game for people like us. Not a great solution, but it is not like we are gonna get any progress from Tesla.

Pretty good update, with a few things that need fixing. AC controls are better, more control like polestar’s swipe up one click fan speed. Getting heated seats away from accidental clicks is great. Spotify, radio, other music separation is a big yes! Phone screen not great, needs favorites as default instead of recent spammers… I literally had two legit contacts to choose from on the current default phone recents screen due to repeat calls and spammers = useless. Phone screen also laggy, why? Spotify working better once again thanks (be sure to check allow mobile phone control).

Forgot to test… did they i proove th annoying no cruise control on streets with unknown speed limit!??? This one is a deal killer, need fixed fast, like the old default it to current speed was fine and safe, but allow to set it to 20 mph at the least.

Any time the UI of an app is changed substantially, some people will be unhappy. I think Tesla got tired of all the complaints about Apple CarPlay being missing, so they redesigned the UI to look like AC. My two other cars both have AC (one also has Android Auto) and I don't understand what the excitement is about AC. But that said, like you, I also like the new layout. Honestly, how often did anyone bring up the tire pressure card?

But on to the bad. The waypoints implementation is clunky, even though one can now edit a trip and rearrange individual waypoints. My main hope for the waypoint option was to be able to create better routing. Unfortunately, if I add a waypoint to assure that the navigation takes a route through a specific waypoint, it tends to go around the block in a convoluted fashion rather than taking a straight path through the waypoint. This seems like this is an artifact of the implementation. I'm guessing that it just "glues" two completely separate trips together. That would be great if I delivered mail for the post office I suppose.
I used the air pressure card/screen very often. We have extreme temperature changes around here… was 39 two days ago, 79 tomorrow… have to keep an eye on psi since it changes so much. Already had one flat this year, and so much construction bound to get another.

I used the air pressure card/screen very often. We have extreme temperature changes around here… was 39 two days ago, 79 tomorrow… have to keep an eye on psi since it changes so much. Already had one flat this year, and so much construction bound to get another.
Even so, I doubt that's something that's needed much while driving. I won't miss that card too much since I can find that info elsewhere easily enough. The trip data I'll miss though, that's useful while driving.