Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New update 2021.44.25 adds customizable app launcher like Model S refresh plus other major upgrades to system.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sheesh, I'm going to have to find things again. I was just getting used to the prior version. And the one thing my wife uses, the heated seat, is now buried. It installed on my car and I haven't been on a trip yet to see what I need to do. The only thing I found was the light show, and my neighbor got a kick out of it.

Sheesh, I'm going to have to find things again. I was just getting used to the prior version. And the one thing my wife uses, the heated seat, is now buried. It installed on my car and I haven't been on a trip yet to see what I need to do. The only thing I found was the light show, and my neighbor got a kick out of it.
There are starting to be decent walk-throughs on YouTube. The Tesla Owners Online one is informative for the menus at least (thought he does not drive at all).

Oh, question: How does this automatic heated seats thing work?
It's simple really. Elon knows better than you how warm your ass wants to be.

On a serious note... I have no idea. I guess I will try it out but personally, I like the seat warmers on full blast when it is winter and I am walking to a cold car. Then on the drive home, I keep reducing it. I guess it is supposed to do the same thing??

With much trepidation I decided to install 2021.44.25.2. Overall I'm pleased and there are some great improvements. But here are some issues I noticed:

1. Many of the fonts are harder to read and smaller. Example, the trips page is great, all the trip cards in one place at the same time, but it is an eye chart, esp when driving....far to the right and small numbers. Also, I haven't found a voice command that brings it up, so a two button press is required.

2. Navigation directions now appear at the bottom of the visualization area, not the top like in the past. Unless you keep your right hand at the very bottom of the wheel, your right hand/arm is blocking the nav directions. They worked so well at the top, why change it?

3. It appears the visualization area has grown larger. What purpose does this really serve? Sure, it is cool to see what the car is "seeing", and if you are a developer that would be huge. But I'm just driving the car and this video game is really just a distraction drawing my attention inside the car not outside. Please let us shrink or hide this area and put more useful things there.

4. Like others, I am unable to access the cool little strip menu above the car icon we were shown in the tour.

5. The pop up blind spot camera is awesome, I just wish it positioned higher in the screen (see arm blocking view above).

Again, overall I think it is a great update, though some of the changes feel like change for the sake of change (much like phone updates).

• Informative
Reactions: Transformer
With much trepidation I decided to install 2021.44.25.2. Overall I'm pleased and there are some great improvements. But here are some issues I noticed:

1. Many of the fonts are harder to read and smaller. Example, the trips page is great, all the trip cards in one place at the same time, but it is an eye chart, esp when driving....far to the right and small numbers. Also, I haven't found a voice command that brings it up, so a two button press is required.

2. Navigation directions now appear at the bottom of the visualization area, not the top like in the past. Unless you keep your right hand at the very bottom of the wheel, your right hand/arm is blocking the nav directions. They worked so well at the top, why change it?

3. It appears the visualization area has grown larger. What purpose does this really serve? Sure, it is cool to see what the car is "seeing", and if you are a developer that would be huge. But I'm just driving the car and this video game is really just a distraction drawing my attention inside the car not outside. Please let us shrink or hide this area and put more useful things there.

4. Like others, I am unable to access the cool little strip menu above the car icon we were shown in the tour.

5. The pop up blind spot camera is awesome, I just wish it positioned higher in the screen (see arm blocking view above).

Again, overall I think it is a great update, though some of the changes feel like change for the sake of change (much like phone updates).
Regarding your point #2, another problem with putting the navigation directions at the bottom is that they are blocked by the blindspot camera whenever your turn signal is on.

Full disclosure, I have not installed the update, but I have watched a number of videos.

Regarding #3, from my ruler-on-the-Youtube video technique, I don't think the width of the visualization area has grown (it still seems to be 40%, though I think you can make it bigger if you have FSD, absolutely no clue why you would want to though). The actual car visualization may have grown though, since they removed the cards (why would anybody want actual useful info on their screen????).

#4 it does not seem to exist, at least in any video I have seen. I think the strip thing might just be a graphic they put into the release notes to signify what functions the Control button brings up, but I have only seen a full screen version (over the map) in the videos I have watched. It would be glorious if instead it just covered the car visualization and left the map uncovered. I would install this update right away if it did that and just keep the car visualization covered all the time, except for parking.

Full disclosure, I have not installed the update, but I have watched a number of videos.

Regarding #3, from my ruler-on-the-Youtube video technique, I don't think the width of the visualization area has grown (it still seems to be 40%, though I think you can make it bigger if you have FSD, absolutely no clue why you would want to though). The actual car visualization may have grown though, since they removed the cards (why would anybody want actual useful info on their screen????).

#4 it does not seem to exist, at least in any video I have seen. I think the strip thing might just be a graphic they put into the release notes to signify what functions the Control button brings up, but I have only seen a full screen version (over the map) in the videos I have watched. It would be glorious if instead it just covered the car visualization and left the map uncovered. I would install this update right away if it did that and just keep the car visualization covered all the time, except for parking.
Regarding #4, I saw a screenshot of that ribbon on the Model Y forum and there is a note explaining that the items on that ribbon have been moved to the control menu. So it is not a depiction of a new quick menu, just pointing out that those items are in a new (harder to find) location.

Attachments

• v11-3.jpeg
    v11-3.jpeg
    258.5 KB · Views: 96
  • Informative
Reactions: TexaCali
My complains. :

1.- Ridiculous as it sounds you are now forced to open a screen covering the entire map/navigation info if you want to see the odometer (or energy consumption) in real time while driving. And that's on a car with a 15" screen. The trip info card was so nice... I can't believe it's gone. I used it literally all the time.

2.- You need to open a menu to see what the current driver profile is, if the dashcam is active or if the heated seats are engaged. Previously you could do that at a glance on the main screen. Not the end of the world but it was better before the upgrade nonetheless.

3.- They removed most of the shortcut buttons not related to streaming. Like Bluetooth, WiFi, Homelink, heated seats, front and rear defrost... This is an inconvenience but it's fairly minor in my opinion, mainly because now you can open the HVAC settings very easily with a swipe up. Having said that, the new temperature quick menu (for quick access to defrost and heated seats) is not as useful as it should because it only shows up when you actually change the temperature which is silly.

My complains. :

1.- Ridiculous as it sounds you are now forced to open a screen covering the entire map/navigation info if you want to see the odometer (or energy consumption) in real time while driving. And that's on a car with a 15" screen. The trip info card was so nice... I can't believe it's gone. I used it literally all the time.

2.- You need to open a menu to see what the current driver profile is, if the dashcam is active or if the heated seats are engaged. Previously you could do that at a glance on the main screen. Not the end of the world but it was better before the upgrade nonetheless.

3.- They removed most of the shortcut buttons not related to streaming. Like Bluetooth, WiFi, Homelink, heated seats, front and rear defrost... This is an inconvenience but it's fairly minor in my opinion, mainly because now you can open the HVAC settings very easily with a swipe up. Having said that, the new temperature quick menu (for quick access to defrost and heated seats) is not as useful as it should because it only shows up when you actually change the temperature which is silly.
You can access the HVAC quickly now, but for some reason Tesla still insists on HVAC turning on if you just want to look at the screen. Or now if you just want to change the heated seat settings since they buried that. There’s a power button on the screen! I will press it if I want it on. THAT’S WHAT BUTTONS ARE FOR.

It’s truly a horrible Update. I question if they designers even drive Teslas.

You can access the HVAC quickly now, but for some reason Tesla still insists on HVAC turning on if you just want to look at the screen. Or now if you just want to change the heated seat settings since they buried that. There’s a power button on the screen! I will press it if I want it on. THAT’S WHAT BUTTONS ARE FOR.

It’s truly a horrible Update. I question if they designers even drive Teslas.
I seriously wonder if Tesla has any human factors experts on staff.

Never said it was super simple or easy, or that I could do it. Could you do my job? Highly doubt it.

But as for a link to one that works better? try sitting in a modern Audi or a Mercedes with MBUX. You will see that there are plenty of UI’s that utilize touch screens that are far superior. Because they don’t prioritize gimmicks and dumb ass visualizations for people who fantasize about robots driving their car. Also, I have plenty of experience with a better Tesla UI. In fact I have about 24 months and 70,000 miles of a UI that was far superior.….in my Model 3 prior to Dec 2020.

so, yeah, lol and all that.
Lol.
Some folks just embrace obstinance blindly. :)

• Disagree
Reactions: danarcha