Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New update on Teslafi: 2019.32.12.3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I understand what Homelink is and what it is capable of. It’s not that useful since the car has to be within range. I added one of those Chamberlain add-ons for $25 (when it was on sale) on our garage opener to monitor the open/close status and remotely open/close from anywhere in the world using an app. What is this $100 device and separate controller you have?
And all my exterior house doors, including garage door, are smart locks as well.

As you say, I guess this feature on the Tesla app helps somewhat.

I've now moved to a new house that doesn't have a garage but, previously, I used that feature all the time. My wife used the Model S during the day on weekdays and I took a combination of VTA and my work shuttle. Coming back home, it was easier to come in through the garage, so I could just use homelink to open it. It basically gives you control over your garage from your phone as long as your car is in it(not 100% but I think you didn't have to be in range to use homelink, just to actually summon the car)

My model 3 (HW3 and FSD) will not see an parking spot easy.
Only detecting 1 out of 20 spots with speeds around 10km.
perpendiculair parking......never had any sugestion yet.
I am on version 12.2, hope that the new update makes it better.

My MB C350E from 2015 did a better job with parking :O

Weird. I've seen other reports of this as well, but it's not my experience. My car sees every single perpendicular or parallel spot, so long as I follow the typical guidelines(stick close to the side where you want it to park, going <5mph as you go past it). Of course, both only work if the spot is book-ended on both sides by other cars(though I have seen it work a couple times when there's a car in one direction and the curb comes back out on the other side). It did used to be as you describe for me, but has worked pretty consistently for probably at least a year now.

On a short, but different question - I've always done the double scroll wheel reboot after each firmware download/install.
This time (for 2012.32.12.3) I noticed right after the install my phone app indicated it said the Tesla was doing a reboot (to be honest, I've never watched it close enough to see if the app indicated a reboot was done each time). So, do I still need to do the manual double scroll wheel hold down reboot after an install?
Thanks (9/2017 Model S 100D).

Most of the time this statement is accurate that the 50min estimate is WAY conservative. Especially for MCU2 cars. The v10 update on two MCU1 cars took all of that easily though so if they're going to have a single time estimate it's safer for them to estimate for the highest possibilities.

It would be nice if they had more accurate estimated times so that way you could more accurately decide when to do your upgrades. Instead we now have to plan for the worst (which could delay several days especially with this new alarm triggered upon update bug) and if it takes only 5 minutes it's a bonus.

It would also be nice to see something like:

Downloading update XX% (real time progress)
Verifying Update XX% (real time progress)
Installing Update XX% (real time progress)

That said, they've got enough larger coding/software issues that are more pressing for others so if the resources are a static number I'd rather not see these sorts of things taking them up.

I want the good ol days back. The WinXP on dial-up days. The “estimated download time 1,000 days.” I miss those days...

Weird. I've seen other reports of this as well, but it's not my experience. My car sees every single perpendicular or parallel spot, so long as I follow the typical guidelines(stick close to the side where you want it to park, going <5mph as you go past it). Of course, both only work if the spot is book-ended on both sides by other cars(though I have seen it work a couple times when there's a car in one direction and the curb comes back out on the other side). It did used to be as you describe for me, but has worked pretty consistently for probably at least a year now.
Maybe the MS and EAP is better in parking then the Model 3?

OK. As I mentioned above, with my MS it does work, and I get a notification saying "HomeLink Activated" with my garage name when pressed (single opener, Android Pie, LG phone). Toggles the state of the door...
Does your car have some form of AP? Mine has absolutely none, the release notes don't say that AP is required, but I haven't (yet) heard of a pre-AP car for which the homelink button shows on the app.

but what year and configuration? I have a 2012 model S and got that update on Monday morning but I still have no homelink button I don't believe it's available to cars that do not have any form of autopilot. still waiting for any pre autopilot car to show up with a homelink button in the app.
Yeah, curious. Would be nice if the release notes were clear on this.

That said, I'm not sure why AP would even be required.

but what year and configuration? I have a 2012 model S and got that update on Monday morning but I still have no homelink button I don't believe it's available to cars that do not have any form of autopilot. still waiting for any pre autopilot car to show up with a homelink button in the app.

My car info is in my footer but I have a 12/2016 w/HW2 and FSD package. If your car has Homelink I am surprised it would not show up in the latest version of the app but I am not that well versed on the earlier MS models and their capabilities so something must be lacking, similar to how on my car I don't have the button to open/close windows. Sorry...

My car info is in my footer but I have a 12/2016 w/HW2 and FSD package. If your car has Homelink I am surprised it would not show up in the latest version of the app but I am not that well versed on the earlier MS models and their capabilities so something must be lacking, similar to how on my car I don't have the button to open/close windows. Sorry...
Ah so you have AP. FYI - "Classic Model S" means pre-AP cars, generally 2012-2014. We don't even have ACC. I have to do all the driving. :D

Guess this doesn't work for non-AP cars...

I would expect the sensors to see an 'obstruction' if the door was far enough down but it does not relate that to the HomeLink being used IMHO...
yes, it is wishful thinking on my part that a future version will be smart enough by using the cameras to not let the car slam into the garage door. yes i guess there are situations where the door could be partially closed but rare for me.

yes, it is wishful thinking on my part that a future version will be smart enough by using the cameras to not let the car slam into the garage door. yes i guess there are situations where the door could be partially closed but rare for me.

There have been a number of posts where folks have said the auto close feature caused damage to their car as they were either backing out or driving in for unknown reasons (but most likely error in the geo-fencing/GPS inherent variance). I only use it to auto-open upon arrival.

I have never tested the sensors to see if they would prevent me from hitting the door (or a pole/bike/wall/etc) and have no intention of trying :)

Updated to 2019.32.12.3 last night.

Autopark is back.

Since I bought the car, it never was able to pick out parking spots and initiate autopark, and some others here said the same thing so I had dismissed it, thinking it wasn't available on earlier cars. I was pleasantly surprised to see it activate and "take over" to park my car at work this morning.
This is good news, thank you. I've never been able to make it work. I think I'm supposed to just drive by an empty spot and a P appears on the screen? Is that how it works? Do you touch the P or put it in reverse or how does it work? 5/16 MS 90D

Reactions: APotatoGod
This is good news, thank you. I've never been able to make it work. I think I'm supposed to just drive by an empty spot and a P appears on the screen? Is that how it works? Do you touch the P or put it in reverse or how does it work? 5/16 MS 90D

Here's a youTube video that I used when I first tried the parallel parking:

Maybe the MS and EAP is better in parking then the Model 3?

The last report I saw of this problem was in a Model S... not sure whether people just aren’t following the guidelines or if there are sensor issues in some cars. I know I and some other people recently had issues with the front camera pitch angle being off, maybe some similar issues causing this behavior?