Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New "wraparound" dash door panels for the US Model Y's - retrofit to existing cars?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s the same part number since the white door inserts have been completely discontinued.

You would also need part numbers for the rear doors for cohesiveness, making this retrofit double the price for white interior cars.

So essentially same door cards up front, white plastic trim pieces, and two new rear door cards are needed.

It appears white interior folks are less interested in this retrofit. I am also not interested since I love the white door inserts.
FWIW, went to my local service center last week and there was a post-referesh 22 MY in the "showroom", and the rear door cards were exactly the same as in the pre-refreshed cars... I didn't look into the interior to see if the pockets were felt lined, but they did not have wood inserts like the M3 rear door panels.

I thought for sure the rears had the wood, but this particular car was either a unicorn or that's how MY are... maybe someone can confirm?

FWIW, went to my local service center last week and there was a post-referesh 22 MY in the "showroom", and the rear door cards were exactly the same as in the pre-refreshed cars... I didn't look into the interior to see if the pockets were felt lined, but they did not have wood inserts like the M3 rear door panels.

I thought for sure the rears had the wood, but this particular car was either a unicorn or that's how MY are... maybe someone can confirm?

You are correct but in reference to white interior, the white insert has been replaced with alcantara. So older white interior cars, for cohesiveness, would need to replace all 4 door cards to black.

Project complete. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I absolutely love it. The dashboard and trim panels are from Fusion Motorsports, and they are full replacements (core return, factory pieces that have been remanufactured).

Fit and finish is great. Glare really isn't an issue, as I'm sure many are wondering. To be fair it's a pretty overcast day, but I did hit some spots with direct sunlight blasting right off the dash, and it didn't in the slightest impair my vision or annoy me.

The gloss carbon is extremely 3 dimensional, and the weave is of a very high quality. The dashboard had all the insulation and sound dampening materials in the right spots, I compared it with my OEM dash and it's 1:1. The foam they used looks even better than the stock Tesla foam. It bolted right in with the clips with no drama, same with the door trim.

Last photo is with the door panel slightly ajar FYI.

View attachment 882208View attachment 882209View attachment 882210View attachment 882211
That looks fantastic! This is how it should have some from the factory from the very beginning. And that carbon is perfect as well. 👍👍

Hi, I just tried to order the pieces and schedule a service appointment with Tesla. The rep (through the App) told me it would not fit my 2021 MYLR and work out. What gives, just SA who doesnt know this is an easy and possible job. How do I find someone in the Bay Area or Reno area willing to install this? Really dying to get the more muted sound and refined look into our car. Help..

Hi, I just tried to order the pieces and schedule a service appointment with Tesla. The rep (through the App) told me it would not fit my 2021 MYLR and work out. What gives, just SA who doesnt know this is an easy and possible job. How do I find someone in the Bay Area or Reno area willing to install this? Really dying to get the more muted sound and refined look into our car. Help..
Yeah, absolute BS. My SA didn't even know what I was talking about, and didn't even know about the new door cards, but I sent him part numbers and even sent him a few posts from this thread, and he happily ordered them from me and sent a tech out to install them. The tech was awesome and super friendly too.

I'd just reach out to another SC. Somewhere around you is bound to be able to get them out to you.

Reactions: EV Car
That’s what I thought. What year / month is your MY you installed it on? And was any large modifications needed?

I’ll just proceed to order the parts. The SA was ok with that just saying it won’t fit and can’t be returned…
2022. And no, it literally has the same mount points and same connectors. See the photos I and another member higher up in the thread posted showing the comparison between the two panels. They clip in to the same exact clip points in the doors.
The only thing missing is a wiring pigtail for the new door pocket LED, which is not wired in to older cars and thus can't be used on older cars. Everything else is identical.

2022. And no, it literally has the same mount points and same connectors. See the photos I and another member higher up in the thread posted showing the comparison between the two panels. They clip in to the same exact clip points in the doors.
The only thing missing is a wiring pigtail for the new door pocket LED, which is not wired in to older cars and thus can't be used on older cars. Everything else is identical.
Thank you!

My second order attempt from a different SA, this time in Reno failed too. Called and explained it won’t fit and will “become problematic” over time as “clips etc. are not made to match your VIN”

I’ll still try buy them elsewhere and find an aftermarket installer. Sounds like it’s a 1-1 fit. I have a 2021 June build MYLR.

Thank you!

My second order attempt from a different SA, this time in Reno failed too. Called and explained it won’t fit and will “become problematic” over time as “clips etc. are not made to match your VIN”

I’ll still try buy them elsewhere and find an aftermarket installer. Sounds like it’s a 1-1 fit. I have a 2021 June build MYLR.
I watched my service tech install them and all the clips lined up perfectly. He literally said the words "the mounting points are identical" lol.

Frustrating as I still have to find a SA willing to send out a Mobil tech to do the work. Perhaps a good aftermarket shop can do it
You can do it yourself, so you trust the quality of work. A member posted a guide higher up in the thread, it really is a simple process. Pop the old door panel out (just held in by clips), disconnect the wires and manual release, then reconnect those same wires and manual release and clip the door panel back in (new panel has fresh new clips).

what's everyone else paying? replacing is definitely easy. i've pulled the door many times to do sound proofing and auto presenting door handles
My quote is here for parts and labor.

I have a white MYP and find these door panels much nicer too. I accepted delivery August 1st grrr. I definitely think I’d want to replace all four in the future.

Does anyone think they’ll ever be able to find a simple solution for the ambient lighting? Is there also ambient lighting on the rear panels too?

Here we go Nov 9th…includes parts and install!
I’ll post before and after pics :)

View attachment 871026
Here we are…nice Xmas gift to myself! is it just me or do the new door inserts have better sound dampening? The doors also close with a thicker sounding thud…I like :)

092FE698-1CAC-401E-A7D6-22D4BC9D5390.jpeg
E4752B7F-02D1-4DAD-B565-0D61CFB33A65.jpeg
7332F242-0D75-4B41-A891-971F67609778.jpeg

Reactions: AlexHung
If you let Tesla take them, I was told they are going in the garbage. I'm going to be listing mine up on eBay as an auction, probably will net not a whole lot after shipping, but not really sure who is going to buy them on craigslist, although I'll be listing them there. Maybe people who have damaged theirs with a scratch in the pleather, or whatever would benefit from purchasing them.
Aftermarket guys might be interested. they can integrate the new carbon pieces (or whatever upgrade) and sell a whole panel.