Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newer P90DL makes 662 hp at the battery!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the track officially gave up for the day. They should reopen on Friday evening for test and tune which will be my next opportunity. It's unfortunate, how events unfolded today as the car was ready to go!

I took a quick datalog on my way home. At 94% SoC I managed 492kW which held until about 80mph which tapered off to 458kW at 100mph. I really wish I could have seen these results with a timeslip, but it was not to be.

Well the track officially gave up for the day. They should reopen on Friday evening for test and tune which will be my next opportunity. It's unfortunate, how events unfolded today as the car was ready to go!

I took a quick datalog on my way home. At 94% SoC I managed 492kW which held until about 80mph which tapered off to 458kW at 100mph. I really wish I could have seen these results with a timeslip, but it was not to be.

Compared to an ICE, the that power curve is remarkably flat even up to 100 MPH. It's no wonder that a 450KW(600hp) EV that weighs 5000 lbs can do 70-90 in 2.5 seconds. No other ICE car with a power to weight ratio of 1:9:21 can come even close to that.

I'm getting access to a Vobox Sport this week. Any interest in any of that data here? I know it's not a slip but it seems to be a step above power tools.

It's a complimentary tool in that it will measure the physical performance of the car but won't log data directly from the car itself.

If you want to send me the vbo files, I'll produce the horsepower graphs and post them here and in my vbox thread:

Playing around with VBOX Sport.... 0-60 times...

I'm pretty sure a number of the CANBUS folks have done that comparison. I actually have the connector and the donor cable but haven't yet made it to took hook up to my elm327 to use with TM-Spy. Although I believe you can only connect to one of the 3 CANBUSes depending on how you wire the cable.

I'm getting access to a Vobox Sport this week. Any interest in any of that data here? I know it's not a slip but it seems to be a step above power tools.

I bought a Vbox last year along with the external antenna Sorka recommended. He was able to find a place inside his P85D which would pick up the satellites. Unfortunately I could find no place inside my P90D which would pick up enough satellites to allow operation. If I open the sun roof and held the box just above or if I held the box outside the driver side window, it worked fine. Of course running tests trying to hold the box or antenna in those positions is not going to produce the best results. I finally gave up. Makes me wonder if the P90Ds are more RF tight than the P85D. I'll be interested in how it works for you.

I saw who it was from.

Now how many people about to buy a Tesla look at twitter vs looking at the "order yours" "build and price" page?

And even in the tweet there is no mention of 122 mph.
Elon's Tweet made it into the mainstream press as well as various forums so for enthusiasts it was widely known but you're right about the 122 MPH in the Tweet but 122.7 MPH 10.9 was in the linked MT article.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andyw2100
I bought a Vbox last year along with the external antenna Sorka recommended. He was able to find a place inside his P85D which would pick up the satellites. Unfortunately I could find no place inside my P90D which would pick up enough satellites to allow operation. If I open the sun roof and held the box just above or if I held the box outside the driver side window, it worked fine. Of course running tests trying to hold the box or antenna in those positions is not going to produce the best results. I finally gave up. Makes me wonder if the P90Ds are more RF tight than the P85D. I'll be interested in how it works for you.

The only place I found inside was under the rear hatch glass. Same place that folks are putting their FasTrak transponders too. But I mount mine to the top of the pano roof and seem to get a nice solid signal.

Elon's Tweet made it into the mainstream press as well as various forums so for enthusiasts it was widely known but you're right about the 122 MPH in the Tweet but 122.7 MPH 10.9 was in the linked MT article.
The MT article was widely known by enthusiasts anyways, so Elon tweeting it doesn't really change that. I think the original point is there is no evidence Tesla had ever quoted trap times on their website.

Last edited:
bummer! looking forward to the results on Friday, get there first thing so you have the best track prep....

Reactions: St Charles
Status
Not open for further replies.