Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newer P90DL makes 662 hp at the battery!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Adding to my post above (Newer P90DL makes 662 hp at the battery!!!)

I was looking at vehicle tracker runs after this and I wasn't trying to get high power outputs (took client for a quick ride and trying to get battery below 90% before sitting)... I don't know the SOC but at 207 est range about 40 minutes later I had 502kW power once and a couple over 470kW. Original run was at 221 estimated range.

• Informative
Reactions: ggnykk
P90D Face lift. VIN 1388## built early May 2016. Battery part number 1056776-00-E, the 'Ludicrous' upgrade was added by the service centre before delivery (not at the factory) hence the battery part number being from a non ludicrous car, not sure there are any differences in the batteries between ludicrous and non ludicrous cars as I was under the impression the difference is software only on later cars.

Rated miles at 100% SOC is 260 Miles (Seems really low compared on what other people are reporting?)
Software version V7.1 (2.24.78)

Max power 466KW at 98% Soc with max battery 'ready'. AC off.

Interesting config. Do you mind adding it to the spreadsheet?

P90D Face lift. VIN 1388## built early May 2016. Battery part number 1056776-00-E, the 'Ludicrous' upgrade was added by the service centre before delivery (not at the factory) hence the battery part number being from a non ludicrous car, not sure there are any differences in the batteries between ludicrous and non ludicrous cars as I was under the impression the difference is software only on later cars.

Rated miles at 100% SOC is 260 Miles (Seems really low compared on what other people are reporting?)

Looks like you missed the boat. You got the old pack.

So here's what it looks like so far:

TeslaPwr22c.jpg

Data is from posts within TMC and my own P90D. Generally only the highest power for a given state of charge is used. As you can see from all the pre 2016 car plots, this approach provides a rather smooth upper limit curve. Not enough data for a smooth curve yet from the 2016 models with the new battery pack. It would be interesting to see some data below the 90% charge to see the overall slope.

• Informative
Reactions: spottyq and ggnykk
Car Info
Model
: P90D(L)
Battery: 1071941 - 00 - C
VIN #: XXXXX1397XX
VIN Date: 04/19/2016
Ordered: 04/12/2016 (day refresh was released/announced)
Prod Start: 05/24/2016
Prod End: 05/27/2016
Options: Auto-pilot, premium upgrades pkg, SAS, subzero, ultra high fidelity sound, Hi-amp charger, 19" slipstream (no upgrade), interior (moot but including) = black headliner, carbon fiber, black next gen seats

Conditions
Software
: v7.1 (2.24.30)
Mileage: 890 (ish)
SOC: 100%
Max Battery: Ready! (turned on before heading to super charger and was ready by the time I got there, then supercharged for over half an hour from low charge WITH max battery on during entire charge)
A/C: Off
Power: 508kW (681hp)

Sadly three things hindered the run :(
1) For some reason launch mode wouldn't work so from a heel hold
2) As you can see in the log I actually let up right before 60, back road right by super charger wasn't too long
3) Tires were not warm and I have one older 19" loaner tire from Tesla... (I got a nail sideways and the new 19" tire wasn't readily available)

I got 3.0 seconds flat, but I'm fairly confident with launch mode and not letting up 2.7 could have been achieved but I was in a rush and only did one run as I had to leave for an appointment.

As they say, pictures are worth a thousand words so I have attached photos as well. I will submit my data to spreadsheet after this.

View attachment 182488 View attachment 182493 View attachment 182490 View attachment 182491 View attachment 182492

Good job. You're now allowed in the 500 club. ;)

Dude. Take that pig back to the dealer. ;)

Car Info
Model
: P90D(L)
Battery: 1071941 - 00 - C
VIN #: XXXXX1397XX
VIN Date: 04/19/2016
Ordered: 04/12/2016 (day refresh was released/announced)
Prod Start: 05/24/2016
Prod End: 05/27/2016
Options: Auto-pilot, premium upgrades pkg, SAS, subzero, ultra high fidelity sound, Hi-amp charger, 19" slipstream (no upgrade), interior (moot but including) = black headliner, carbon fiber, black next gen seats

Conditions
Software
: v7.1 (2.24.30)
Mileage: 890 (ish)
SOC: 100%
Max Battery: Ready! (turned on before heading to super charger and was ready by the time I got there, then supercharged for over half an hour from low charge WITH max battery on during entire charge)
A/C: Off
Power: 508kW (681hp)

Sadly three things hindered the run :(
1) For some reason launch mode wouldn't work so from a heel hold
2) As you can see in the log I actually let up right before 60, back road right by super charger wasn't too long
3) Tires were not warm and I have one older 19" loaner tire from Tesla... (I got a nail sideways and the new 19" tire wasn't readily available)

I got 3.0 seconds flat, but I'm fairly confident with launch mode and not letting up 2.7 could have been achieved but I was in a rush and only did one run as I had to leave for an appointment.

As they say, pictures are worth a thousand words so I have attached photos as well. I will submit my data to spreadsheet after this.

View attachment 182488 View attachment 182493 View attachment 182490 View attachment 182491 View attachment 182492
Thanks and congrats! Take it to a drag strip and see if you can hit 10.9 1/4 mile with 120mph trap speed.

For reference, here is the best records so far (Fast Tesla Model-Ss 1/4 Mile 0-60 Drag Racing - DragTimes.com)

You are supposed to get the 1500 Amp smart fuse, and some kind of space-grade contact at the battery with your Ludicrous upgrade. It is a hardware upgrade.

So here's what it looks like so far:

TeslaPwr22c.jpg

Data is from posts within TMC and my own P90D. Generally only the highest power for a given state of charge is used. As you can see from all the pre 2016 car plots, this approach provides a rather smooth upper limit curve. Not enough data for a smooth curve yet from the 2016 models with the new battery pack. It would be interesting to see some data below the 90% charge to see the overall slope.
thanks! instead of just showing the highest power (kw) in various SOC, can you show all the data (not just the highest) in various SOC? More useful to see the variance.

By the way, does anyone know if the kw reading from the app be different if you accelerate the car from 0 mph vs like 30 mph? Also, does it matter if you let off the pedal at 60 mph vs like 80 mph?

This potentially could be a big issue if the starting and ending speed do affect the kw reading.

Interesting config. Do you mind adding it to the spreadsheet?
So if I don't submit data to this spreadsheet, we can't see the table? can you open up the table for everyone to see as read-only?

Also, shouldn't we collect data at various SOC, and not just at 90%? the kw and SOC field should be two separate fields. By the way, the description that say "(Max Batt ON)" should say something like " (Max Batt ON and Ready)"

The horsepower firestorm stopped because many of us became tired of posting our feelings about it and arguing about it. But the damage done with respect to how many of us feel about Tesla has not passed. A great number of people went from being all-out Tesla supporters, willing to tell anyone and everyone how wonderful Tesla and their cars were to feeling just luke-warm (or worse) about Tesla. That's not something easy to assign a cost to, but there is certainly some cost associated with that.
I never use the word horsepower when talking about any Tesla vehicle anymore. That's not a trivial effect of this cluster of debacles.

Not to continue beating a horse, but I do think this is different. The horsepower debate was open to interpretation, the same way am ICE drivetrain is. Should you state power numbers at the crank or at the wheels?
Stated performance is less open to interpretation. A 10.9 car should be able to do 10.9. There's really no room for debate there.
Red herring. The horsepower issue was never about that. Nowhere -- even at the battery -- was/is the stated horespower delivered. Please don't force us to rehash to counter to such distractions.

Status
Not open for further replies.