Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newer P90DL makes 662 hp at the battery!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know on paper the P90DL won't be faster then the Rimac but I do always wonder if they got all the settings correct before doing these tests. This is true on any youtube comparison video for that matter specifically Max Battery Power I've found lots of videos where people who don't own one and are just testing the car get confused thinking that the blue max battery power means that its on vs physically selecting it and having it say "Ready!"

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Snerruc
Several places I looked the curb weight for the Model S is the number I'm using. Same for the Model X. Why would they list fully optioned for one and base for the other?

My P90D with very few options: 4996 lbs. So I don't think 4936 is a fully optioned weight. But I can't find the numbers for the Model S on Tesla's site. Where did you see them? I'm not trying to hoodwink you, I'm just using the information that's available to me. If you have a better source, I'd be happy to look at it.
Interesting that your P90D with very few options weighs 4996 lbs yet others believe the MT weight of 46xx is real.

I'm a long time lurker on this thread and a v1 P90DL owner. Ordered in August 2015 before the original Motor Trend article so the 10.9 number had no impact on my decision. It was a little annoying to have to explain to people at the track that I would not be running 10.9s (although it was easy to explain the situation to track people back then, just say "ringer" and they say "oh, that sucks").

My best pass to date is 11.39 with a 60' time of 1.72, so my biggest problem is finding a better track and getting a decent launch off the line.

There are two things about this situation that I find frustrating:

Tesla has never publicly acknowledged that there are two different P90DL versions. A peak power difference near 10% is a huge amount! This is going to cause problems in the CPO market later on because there is no officially sanctioned way to know which car is which.

I would like to know how many dollars it would cost to upgrade my v1. Running 10.80 is absolutely bonkers and opens the door to a 10.79 under perfect conditions. Right now the price tag is "buy another P90DL" which is too high, but if they offered an upgrade I would give it serious consideration.

Same frustration...I ordered my P90DL November, and as I found out recent there is at least 3 different version of P90DL, and the performance all diff widely. Hopefully, Tesla gives out an upgrade option when the 100 comes out..

Reactions: St Charles
Same frustration...I ordered my P90DL November, and as I found out recent there is at least 3 different version of P90DL, and the performance all diff widely. Hopefully, Tesla gives out an upgrade option when the 100 comes out..

I know the 1070394-00-A battery will fit in the Classic Model S and can output 500kW. That's what I have. No idea if you can order a specific model of battery though.

There is a rumor that a 100kW upgrade will not be possible from Tesla. Probably not a surprise to many here.

How many people do you think are actually this careful with their vbox sport.

I don't think they are numerically integrating doppler for relative position.

What is this statement based on?

"
Distance
GPS satellites are equipped with an atomic clock, which ensures timing stability to less than one-millionth of a second. By integrating Doppler-derived speed with this level of time signal reliability, an extraordinarily accurate distance measurement is achieved.

There are a number of tests which we have carried out over the years to verify and improve our measurement algorithms for applications in vehicle testing.

2.jpg

One such test is to place two reflective strips on the road at a known distance apart. Using a laser sensor connected to the trigger input of a VBOX, the vehicle is then driven between these two points a number of times, and the distances compared. In such tests, the VBOX 3i will always be within 3cm in 1000m, which is about the same as the measurement uncertainty due to the slight deviation of the vehicle during the driving.
"

So is Racelogic lying?

Note, I inserted the wrong paragraph but realized it only after I hit the submit. So any email notifications have the wrong quote.

Last edited:
I know the 1070394-00-A battery will fit in the Classic Model S and can output 500kW. That's what I have. No idea if you can order a specific model of battery though.

There is a rumor that a 100kW upgrade will not be possible from Tesla. Probably not a surprise to many here.
Its sort of a surprise because when the 90 came out last year Elon said that people who had 85's should wait to upgrade until the extra kW increase justified the cost.

What is this statement based on?

I stand corrected. Normally, integrating the speed would lead to drift over time, but i looks like over these short time intervals they've determined that it's accurate. This is with there very expensive 3i units. Do they use it on their less expensive units? Earlier you were talking about the small short term drift in the position data that made distance measurements accurate. That's why I thought they were using position data. They didn't mention acceleration.

All my statements about sources of error still hold for doppler accuracy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.