Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

News for Model X owners with the dreaded shudder

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My service centre's answer to shudder on standard

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-24 at 5.06.44 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-24 at 5.06.44 pm.png
    94.3 KB · Views: 159
Honestly I would not recommend anyone get an X with this “characteristic”. Unacceptable for a car of any price. Love my car, but not when it feels like the suspension is going to break apart on acceleration.

Probably some degree of discretion involved, or else they're getting contradictory or constantly changing guidelines from headquarters.
I bet both are correct. Aside from the early days (pre-2015), TMC members have always reported different treatment from their respective service centers. Of course, back then people were bringing donuts and cookies to their SCs even if they didn't need service. :)

Service center suggested that too. Lol. But that’s a cop out solution and defeats the whole point of the smart air suspension. We use our X for mostly city driving and the standard height helps avoid scraping the bottom over parking wheel stops or on steep driveways.

But it works and it's not 'that' much lower really. You can also use the geo-fenced height adjustment where it will automatically raise when you get to the driveway. You can also manually raise it when needed so it doesn't defeat the purpose entirely. I realize that this is a band-aid, but for me, it was worth it. As a side benefit, I think the X looks better on the lower setting too. I'm typically not a fan of the lowered look on cars, but it does the X good.

Lastly, I read somewhere (maybe earlier in this thread), that newer Model X's are coming by default from the factory on low.