Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No garage door opener?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, that was an unfortunate deletion. Just attach your remote to the back of the lower left corner of the display. I used those 3M tape connectors used for electronic toll systems (EZ Pass, etc.) so I can easily remove and reattach it to change batteries. Works perfectly, is out of site, and cost just a few bucks.
Hmmm just make sure to remove anything in the car that has your home address so that when they break in and steal your opener they wont be able to locate your house...

Hmmm just make sure to remove anything in the car that has your home address so that when they break in and steal your opener they wont be able to locate your house...

It would very hard to spot the opener when they are stuck on the bottom back of the screen. You cannot see it unless you knew where to look. We aren't talking like it's clipped on the visor here.

Reactions: DocHolliday
I want to know if anyone has tried the MyQ integration with EVE for Tesla? How was the experience? Which one works better Homelink or MyQ any opinions?

My Chamberlain opener is MyQ-enabled. Works great.

I have the Homelink module in my Model 3, so we use that. But I've used MyQ from my phone 3,000 miles away to let someone in. Works great, so I'm sure it'd work fine with EVE.

Thanks to whoever suggested taping the garage remote to the back of the screen. This works really well and feels similar to BMWs placement of the HomeLink buttons under the mirror. I centered the remote to the back of the screen under the mounting arm so it's Hidden from view yet easy to find. No need to spend $300 for GPS enabled HomeLink. For us it was more the inconvenience of keeping a remote in the cubby. This was a no brainier fix.

I'm not going to press a button on a remote like a caveman... I NEED the Tesla to open the garage door for me.

LOL. Hope you guys know I'm just kidding right? I already bought the homelink kit and am having mobile service come install it.

Mercedes cars have had garage door openers for 20 years, Tesla is still catching up on the most oddest basic car features.

This isn't "catching up"

Teslas have had them too.

They just now give you a choice of paying for it if you want it, or NOT paying for it if you don't.

Other cars we've got from other brands just force you to pay for it regardless of if you need it or not.

Everyone else needs to catch up to Tesla on this one :)

Reactions: bcpm3p
Didn't Elon say they removed the homelink because the percentage of car owners who use it is pretty low? And that they plan to integrate the ability to control internet connected garage door openers.

If you think about it, homelink only helps single family home dwellers. Apartments and Condos with parking won't usually let you pair your own homelink to their gate openers.

not sure i agree with "usually wont" when it comes to apts and condos. ive read quite a few folks on here and the main tesla forums being able to use the homelink - it was through this research that i felt confident to installing the homelink and using it at the apt complex where i live.

i absolutely agree that the homelink was removed due to low usage..

not sure i agree with "usually wont" when it comes to apts and condos. ive read quite a few folks on here and the main tesla forums being able to use the homelink - it was through this research that i felt confident to installing the homelink and using it at the apt complex where i live.

i absolutely agree that the homelink was removed due to low usage..
Thanks for your feedback. I guess more places are getting with the times.