Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No longer see option to purchase extended warranty

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just went into the manage Model X page and I noticed the section has been updated. I like the new look but I don't see an option to purchase the extended warranty any longer. I was thinking of waiting until my car was almost out of warranty to decide whether or not to purchase it. Well seem like Tesla may have made that decision for me.

I'm worried that Tesla might not be around to honor my new car warranty so purchasing an ESA made no sense to me at this point. I really like the car, become very attached to my cars, and keep them a long time I but wouldn't want to own it out of warranty. It is probably not a big deal though because if Tesla doesn't offer an ESA in 2022 when I would want to purchase it there should be lots of other electric cars to choose from made by companies that understand the importance of customer loyally and repeat business.

Reactions: rjdoc74
See Extended Service Agreement. You now have to go to a Service Center to buy it. This is very disturbing. They don't offer it at all for the 3 and it looks as if its heading that way for the S and X too. Were I a prospective buyer I'd put that together with the service horror stories and might well be frightened away.

Am I reading this correctly. It no longer covers the battery or drive units?
20190824_195722.jpg

• Disagree
  • Informative
Reactions: bhzmark and Cowby