Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No more Alcantara upper dashboard

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
metal roof option is gone too.

I ordered sunroof with black interior, light headliner on my pearl white S 100D arriving in 2 weeks.
Pretty sweet upgrade from my white 98 Camry. :p

Impressive upgrade. . .I came out of a '99 Lexus GS 400. 210K miles and still going. First car payment since '04. . . Lol.

The kids are now driving the Lexus and they prefer it over the 2 Honda CRVs we have in rotation (5 kids driving).

Congrats on the new wheels. Will exceed your expectations.

• Love
Reactions: Pdxdesign
When PUP included alcantara dash, it was possible to special order and ask for the alcantara part of the PUP to be "deleted", resulting in a regular dash. My car has the PUP without alcantara ... a special snowflake, for sure! (I just didn't care for the look of the patchy fuzzy dashboard, nor the upkeep for dusting)

Reactions: BlueRocket
Impressive upgrade. . .I came out of a '99 Lexus GS 400. 210K miles and still going. First car payment since '04. . . Lol.

The kids are now driving the Lexus and they prefer it over the 2 Honda CRVs we have in rotation (5 kids driving).

Congrats on the new wheels. Will exceed your expectations.

Thank you for sharing your similar upgrade! White 98 Camrys will always make me smile and glow inside as I see them on the road everyday! I have not had a car payment since 04 as well!
New Porsche Macan (replace 96 4Runner) and Model S will to change a few things at our household!

Can't wait to see what type of dash I end up with.

Reactions: Sully's8
Thank you for sharing your similar upgrade! White 98 Camrys will always make me smile and glow inside as I see them on the road everyday! I have not had a car payment since 04 as well!
New Porsche Macan (replace 96 4Runner) and Model S will to change a few things at our household!

Can't wait to see what type of dash I end up with.

Let's pray your hopes won't be "dashed".;)

• Funny
Reactions: Pdxdesign
The two most common compliments I have received from people sitting in my car over the last 2.5 years has been my black alcantara headliner and the alcantara dash insert. The apparent sentiment in this thread that it's undesirable is the opposite of the sales trend in new Porsche/Mercedes/Audi/MB, cars with much better interiors than Tesla, where it's an increasingly popular choice. I would choose it for every non-high wear area of my car that currently has leather.

Last edited:
Alcantara removed - well I never liked it anyways (despite being a premium feature on other auto makers)

Model X 7 seater change - well the powered middle seats were not practical anyways (despite the powered mono post seats were classy / high tech)

Ventilated seats removed - well never really used it anyways (despite being another premium feature offered by other auto makers)

Shitty blind spot detection - what are you talking about? My car has self driving capability!

You get the idea. That's what a $100k car gets you. Just get a model 3 with no option. That's what they need.

Still available in Germany and Europe s far as I can tell. Any ideas why?
2017-07-13 09_52_13-Order a Tesla Model S _ Tesla.png

• Informative
Reactions: P100DHG.