Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No more "Auto" setting for each section of climate control in version 9?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a way to have the "Auto" setting for each section of climate control like in version 8 instead of Auto all?
Have no idea about that but wish we could set defaults. I live in NH. Default HVAC is dash and floor vents with AC on. Why do I need AC on when its 10 degrees F? This morning the defrost was also on. Need to be able to set defaults. Have a few mechanical issues that need to be addressed. Will take it up with the SC next visit...soon.

Reactions: beachmiles
Have no idea about that but wish we could set defaults. I live in NH. Default HVAC is dash and floor vents with AC on. Why do I need AC on when its 10 degrees F? This morning the defrost was also on. Need to be able to set defaults. Have a few mechanical issues that need to be addressed. Will take it up with the SC next visit...soon.
What makes you think the AC compressor is running? It's thermostatically controlled. I've always assumed that toggle does nothing other than suppress running the AC when the thermostat is calling for it, i.e. it's there if you want to let your car get hot in the summer, and in the winter it does approximately nothing.

I've never tried to test this but in going on four years in my S I've never had any reason to doubt it either. I leave the AC setting on almost all the time, including all winter.