Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No more P100D badge on newest ModelS Performance with Ludicrous package.....? Why?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok so, I picked up my car and saw the badge on the back rear now saying Dual Motor. I guess P100D owners recently who ordered are no longer getting P100D badges on rear of car. Does anyone know if the badging on other new Tesla Model S 100D long range without performance say Dual Motor? How are the other Tesla Model S cars badged as of 6/6/19. Know one now knows you have a P100D. Good if you want to go Stealth. But it does look cool TBH to see P100D on rear like in older models. That’s a 20000 dollar upgrade in performance. How Do I know I have a Ludicrous package? It only says Insane + now and no mention of Ludicrous in the car. Please help as I don’t know if they even gave me the Ludicrous package.

Great, even my Tesla dealership is clueless. I hope they fix it., does it mean I don’t have Ludicrous or is just replaced by insane+?

From the post above, I'm not sure anyone can answer that question right now.

With the glitched firmware, both a ludicrous car and one without ludicrous will apparently show only insane mode.

It should become clear when a firmware update that fixes the glitch appears.

Interesting - I got the Ludicrous update, but both that and FSD were not showing on my car. But after the latest update pressing Insane+ brings up the battery warming option.

Insane+ will bring up the battery warning even on actual Insane cars that don't have Ludicrous. Having it show the battery warning doesn't mean you actually have Ludicrous.

For people with the supposed glitched cars, can someone connect theirs to Teslafi.com and then go to Settings > Account > View Raw Tesla API Data Output and see what it has listed for the has_ludicrous_mode flag?

• Informative
Reactions: OBX John
Ok so, I picked up my car and saw the badge on the back rear now saying Dual Motor. I guess P100D owners recently who ordered are no longer getting P100D badges on rear of car. Does anyone know if the badging on other new Tesla Model S 100D long range without performance say Dual Motor? How are the other Tesla Model S cars badged as of 6/6/19. Know one now knows you have a P100D. Good if you want to go Stealth. But it does look cool TBH to see P100D on rear like in older models. That’s a 20000 dollar upgrade in performance. How Do I know I have a Ludicrous package? It only says Insane + now and no mention of Ludicrous in the car. Please help as I don’t know if they even gave me the Ludicrous package.

Seems like less badges to remove for me, a win.

Ok I got my Ludicrous now after they sent an update to my car. There was a glitch in the new software. Happy now. They refreshed the software and this am I saw it! Thanks guys.

Did the car actually perform an update or did Ludicrous just turn on?

I think they may have just forgotten to set the BP01 option code in the cars with free Ludicrous and the software was just fine, only the config was wrong.

Yes they said it was not in the config, they fixed the config I guess for the screen.

Yeah I think the "glitched software" is just an excuse for deficiencies in their process for free Ludicrous mode.

Was it just the screen that was glitched or is the car faster now that you have Ludicrous mode enabled?

Does your build configuration from your purchase agreement show Ludicrous mode? It seems like the option codes included on that are the ones that get loaded onto the car. Seems like the people who took advantage of free Ludicrous mode don't have the Ludicrous mode option code in their order and thus it's not on the car when delivered but since it's just a simple flag they can remotely enable it when you tell them about it. Crazy how changing that 0 to a 1 costs $20,000 huh.

I have always been amazed that Tesla can charge $20,000 or something that cost them virtually nothing. But, good for Tesla. Until the competition heats up, Tesla is providing unbelievable performance that people are willing pay for. There are few if any alternatives at this price point. Performance has always cost more. Go Tesla!