Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No more S75

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
... or they have no need for the lower end Model S to "onboard" people to EVs with the Model 3 available*.

* Yes, I'm aware "available" is a bit generously phrased.
As some people here in Europe have report that there price have been cut it probably means that 75D will drop in price wish would m@k3 the price difference between Model S and Model 3 more justify.

vigge50 said:
One person in Sweden that [is] waiting on his Model S 75D have [had] his price reduced by little less than $5000 so I expect a price drop on 75D.
...or 75D will be replaced by a similarly priced 85D?

I would definitely take an 85D with no price drop (i.e. same price as 75D) over a 75D with the price cut to 75RWD levels.

IOW, I'd take the range, not the money, thanks.

And that'd probably be a better differentiator for the Model S over the Model 3 overall. After all, AWD and air suspension options are coming for the M3. And the M3 with long-range batt pack outranges the 75D very handily, while being quite a bit cheaper.

It'd be a cleaner splitting-up-of-car-lines for Tesla to do the 85D-for-same-price-as-75D thing as opposed to eventual 'free AWD' for a still-vulnerable-to-M3-sales-cannibalization 75D. IOW, AWD isn't really the main issue, range and price are.

Of course, in an ideal world, you'd soon see an 85D for the price of a 75RWD.

THAT would fight off Model 3 sales cannibalization pretty nicely and make the entry-level Model S a hot buy (but Elon's accountants would probably go into cardiac arrest, perhaps rightly so). :oops:

As some people here in Europe have report that there price have been cut it probably means that 75D will drop in price wish would m@k3 the price difference between Model S and Model 3 more justify.

I am awaiting delivery of a 75D next week. Can you delay your delivery in hope of getting the price reduction. Kind of stupid for tesla to discount the European orders before making any type of announcement.

Reactions: Bebop

Prices in Europe are extremely high right now, compared to the US. Europe had quite a few price increases when the Dollar increased over the Euro, but they didn't really readjust so far. A 100D with EAP, PUP, nice interior and a color is about $126k before taxes and incentives in Germany and just $108k in the US, before taxes and incentives. So some adjustment would definitely be necessary.

Prices in Europe are extremely high right now, compared to the US. Europe had quite a few price increases when the Dollar increased over the Euro, but they didn't really readjust so far. A 100D with EAP, PUP, nice interior and a color is about $126k before taxes and incentives in Germany and just $108k in the US, before taxes and incentives. So some adjustment would definitely be necessary.
Yes, i do expect a price cut because of this but I believe that they will wait until October after they have done the end of quarter push. This drop I believe is just something that come through a few days to early.

For my earlier post, I don’t like apples new keyboard on iPad there you get numbers and letters if you drag down the keys....

How soon would Tesla announce a price drop or capacity increase or bundling PUP after Sunday, if any of these is supposed to happen?
I would expect it to happened at the same time as it’s better they upgrade the design studio one time then several days in a row. Now they can of course wait but to increase the starting price for just a few weeks seams very strange.

Reactions: ishareit
Mine has coils. Is that favored by some? :) The air suspension doesn't really seem worth it to me, and just so happens the CPO I got has coils.
There's a pretty extensive thread on this that dates back the + suspension models... In a nutshell the coils should handle better than air without +, but I think the + handles better than the coils. However, cars with coils can be upgraded fairly easily/cheaply to match the + handling. Also less stuff to break (air suspension problems = expensive)