Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No recent VIN assignments?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The fact that we're seeing east coast vins with delivery estimates around March 30 should be an indication that they will start favoring west soon. This Q1 number will be closely scrutinized, and I don't think they'll be content to leave thousands of vehicles "in transit" at the close of the quarter.

Reactions: S3XY
Yep, I imagine Elon would drive semis of Model 3s up and down the west coast if needed to get as many cars as possible delivered.

The fact that we're seeing east coast vins with delivery estimates around March 30 should be an indication that they will start favoring west soon. This Q1 number will be closely scrutinized, and I don't think they'll be content to leave thousands of vehicles "in transit" at the close of the quarter.

Reactions: benjiejr
Yep, I imagine Elon would drive semis of Model 3s up and down the west coast if needed to get as many cars as possible delivered.

Maybe not cars, but how about batteries?

Elon Musk on Instagram: “First production cargo trip of the Tesla Semi heavy duty truck, carrying battery packs from the Gigafactory in the Nevada mountains to the…”

upload_2018-3-7_14-30-12.png

Just checked and I have a VIN! Configured 2/15, Model S owner, reservation 8/15/2017 No delivery date yet. Blue/Aero/EAP/ 72xx
Update to this post. Today, March 7th, I received a call that my car is through production and being prep'ed for loading onto a train. I also received an email with the final documents which I signed electronically. I was told that after signing and payment it would most likely be another two weeks before actual delivery. Enxouraged!