Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No referral rewards for BC residents now

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a heads up that BC doesn’t qualify for awards anymore. That sucks because I’m suppose to get another set of wheels...not sure if I get them now and will have to check with Tesla.

It’s on their site under limits.
Referral Program

Attachments

• 94538963-7BBB-4D16-8E61-45CF918CAD6A.png
    94538963-7BBB-4D16-8E61-45CF918CAD6A.png
    294.8 KB · Views: 349
Well that’s just grand... Not that it really makes a difference as I’m stuck on 1, and already took delivery of my black HPWC. Anyhow, reminiscent of VA and OH state residents being denied referral awards.

Wonder what law changed (should we blame the NDP?)

I was told it was something to do with the BC Motor Dealers Act and Tesla is going to dispute it, so in the meantime the disclaimer is on their site. I was going to use my 4th referral to get a set of wheels and get a P3D myself to get to the 5th and claim the $7800 credit towards buying autopilot post-delivery. That changes alot of plans for me and I’ll probably just wait for a 3SR next year.

I was also told by my source that the P3D will be added to the BC CEV list sometime next week because all Model 3 trim levels will qualify for the BC incentive.

• Informative
Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
I was told it was something to do with the BC Motor Dealers Act and Tesla is going to dispute it, so in the meantime the disclaimer is on their site. I was going to use my 4th referral to get a set of wheels and get a P3D myself to get to the 5th and claim the $7800 credit towards buying autopilot post-delivery. That changes alot of plans for me and I’ll probably just wait for a 3SR next year.

I was also told by my source that the P3D will be added to the BC CEV list sometime next week because all Model 3 trim levels will qualify for the BC incentive.
Ah, I shoulda guessed it was some stealership shenanagins. :mad:

• Funny
Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
From the act Motor Dealer Act

"salesperson" means

(a)an individual, other than a motor dealer, who, on behalf of a motor dealer and for or in the expectation of a fee, gain or reward,

(i)solicits, negotiates or arranges for the sale of a motor vehicle to a person, or

(ii) in any way participates in the soliciting, negotiating or arranging for the sale of a motor vehicle to a person, or

(b)an individual who is a motor dealer and who

(i) solicits, negotiates or arranges for the sale of a motor vehicle to a person, or

(ii) in any way participates in the soliciting, negotiating or arranging for the sale of a motor vehicle to a person;

And

Employing salespersons

13.1 A motor dealer must not employ or engage a salesperson unless the salesperson is licensed under the regulations as a salesperson.

So I guess we can not be compensated as we are not registered as a salesperson.

• Informative
Reactions: Funkmobile