Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No self presenting door handles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"Just one more thing to break." How many times have I heard that? Electric windows, electric seats, power steering, radios, windshield wipers,, yada yada. How about ten moving parts in the drive train, instead of 700?

There was an issue with door handles at first, taken care of no charge. Then the same big complain with falcon wings. The point is that these things were signature features (not a bug) and now everyone expects projecting handles on a Tesla. Did it work? You bet! Same with Falcon Wing Doors. People see that and want to know more. This is why Tesla doesn't have to advertise.

Sure, there will always be teething issues. Most drivers realize this, and if it happens to them, get it fixed and enjoy the ride. My first S had the handles replaced. My second one never had handle problems, but had a squeak in the pano, that's all. Fixed in 15 minutes. Hardly an issue. But there were still some people who pointed out, again: "Pano roof? Just another thing to break." Sorry. I like my S. And Tesla. They wouldn't be where they are if the cars broke down all the time.

Cs5oXSw.gif

This handle style is very similar to what Aston Martin and Jaguar use except their handle profile is just a straight pull, not "hockey stick" on the 3. In my opinion, the pull part of the handle on the 3 looks a bit thin and weak. I'm sure it really isn't weak as it's probably cast/machined metal of some sort, but looks cheap. As something you will grab every day, want something that feels quality and durable.

Reactions: eisbock
I can see women with long fingernails NOT being impressed with this operation. I know men are supposed to open doors for the ladies, but honestly, 100% of the time? :rolleyes: And women that own/drive the car solo? :eek: