Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nobody noticed the range bump?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am ordering my MY in January. I hope it includes the new console by then. I'm not a fan of the piano black and really like the way the console cover opens on the new one. Both Model Y's I've been in, neither console door would lock closed.

Reactions: iamnid
E3CCCDB1-CE6A-4478-AC9F-44EC54050F35.jpeg

Got the 40.8 update this afternoon. Decide to do a 100% charge to see what my max range would show. Looks like 326! Gotta love updates like this!

Reactions: Reborn and Yelobird
I believe the acceleration boost is .1 seconds faster now too. 4.8s down to 4.2s (from 4.3s)
I cant find anyone explaining this. I tried to post on fb model y page and admin took to down twice saying it is talked about too much. I scanned the page and could find nothing. Nothing on internet, nothing on You Tube. Just people saying, "yeah, they noticed ", but no explanation. wtf?!

I cant find anyone explaining this. I tried to post on fb model y page and admin took to down twice saying it is talked about too much. I scanned the page and could find nothing. Nothing on internet, nothing on You Tube. Just people saying, "yeah, they noticed ", but no explanation. wtf?!

It’s just a software bump. If you purchase the $2,000 acceleration boost via the app (only for Long Range AWD) you’ll be able to do 0 to 60 mph in 4.2 seconds and it used to be listed as 4.3 seconds for that boost.

Reactions: Reborn
I know this can be annoying but I’m a CPA so it’s second nature to me

As am I. Prior to ordering my MY last month I was researching whether I could either have my sister who lives in NJ order it or register it jointly with my mother who also lives in NJ and no longer has a driver's license and subsequently transfer the registration to myself in NY as a gift in order to save $7,500 ($3,000 higher state EV rebate and $4,500 sales tax savings), which is a significant savings. I later learned that you need to remain in NJ for 2 years to keep the full $5K rebate, and I also considered that the lemon laws in NY are more favorable than in NJ and decided the risk was greater than the reward.