Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non Owner - Just Placed my Order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's the exact car I ordered too! :)

Uh-oh. Good luck working that one out, folks.

latest

• Funny
Reactions: RangerRick
Seems like this thread went dead and production actually slowed down rather than speeding up. Its been over two weeks since initial invites went out to non Tesla owners.
  • The parking lot at the factory seems to be producing more Model S and X rather than Model 3's.
  • No new VIN's have been registered in the last couple weeks
Not true. I received my invite to configure on March 1st, just 9 days ago.

So it seems slower for those of us that ordered on 2/22, I don't believe any of us has reported getting their VIN yet and it's 17 days since I placed my order. Looking forward to the FSD features creeping into the car in the next 18 months, and hope they don't raise the price of Super Charging any more.

-Randy

So it seems slower for those of us that ordered on 2/22, I don't believe any of us has reported getting their VIN yet and it's 17 days since I placed my order. Looking forward to the FSD features creeping into the car in the next 18 months, and hope they don't raise the price of Super Charging any more.

-Randy
There are at least 3 of us, right above, that reported getting our VIN within 2 weeks of ordering on 2/22.

Reactions: voltage
So it seems slower for those of us that ordered on 2/22, I don't believe any of us has reported getting their VIN yet and it's 17 days since I placed my order.

There are currently 44 people on the Model 3 Invite spreadsheet that configured on 2/22 and have received VINs. I got mine yesterday (16 days). There are some colors (White, Black) that seem to be delayed for some reason.

Non-owner who waited in line on 3/31 at Fashion Valley Mall in San Diego. Reservation made at approximately 10:30am. The morning of 2/22/18 my Tesla account still showed First Production of March-May 2018. Re-checked Tesla account afternoon of 2/22 (after seeing news article about non-owners receiving invites) and had pleasant surprise of seeing that I could configure and order. Had not received an e-mail configuration invite (actually still haven't). I placed my order that afternoon; Red, EAP, Aero. As of 3/11; a VIN has not been assigned.
Model3.png

Non-owner who waited in line on 3/31 at Fashion Valley Mall in San Diego. Reservation made at approximately 10:30am. The morning of 2/22/18 my Tesla account still showed First Production of March-May 2018. Re-checked Tesla account afternoon of 2/22 (after seeing news article about non-owners receiving invites) and had pleasant surprise of seeing that I could configure and order. Had not received an e-mail configuration invite (actually still haven't). I placed my order that afternoon; Red, EAP, Aero. As of 3/11; a VIN has not been assigned.
View attachment 285879
Wow, I must have been right behind you in that line! I reserved shortly after 10:30 am. Hope you get your VIN soon!

Wow, I must have been right behind you in that line! I reserved shortly after 10:30 am. Hope you get your VIN soon!
You could of been just behind or ahead of me; it was quite the party atmosphere that morning as we all plunked down $1K for cookies and water and the chance to reserve a as yet seen car! Not sure of exact time I got into store to put down the deposit - was somewhere in the 10:30 to 11am timeframe. Good luck to both of us getting a VIN (none for me as of this morning)>