Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non Owner - Just Placed my Order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sales Advisor contacted me today and said my car is scheduled to arrive on the 27th.

My timeline so far:
Reserved 10:15 day of launch
Order opened and placed on Feb 22
VIN assigned on March 6
Contacted by Inside Sales Advisor March 12
Projected arrival is March 27
Congrats! Just wish the VIN to delivery was a little shorter. Doesn't bode well for me (Hawaii). Then again, given how antsy I am, not sure if anything other than RIGHT NOW would satisfy me! :p

• Funny
Reactions: T34ME
Congrats voltage on getting delivery confirmed this month. I'm still hoping the same for myself. While I'm in Southern Calif and likely taking delivery in Fremont; definitely appears Tesla assigning VINs sooner to locations further from Fremont given the additional transportation time. Regarding fseir's delivery to Hawaii - if only Space X could arrange a special delivery for you. My details are as follows:

Reserved at roughly 10:30am on day of launch (Fashion Valley Mall in San Diego)
Order opened and placed on Feb 22
VIN - not assigned as yet
Model3.png

I kept thinking I would get one either yesterday or the previous wed/thu, but still nothing. It does feel like they have slowed/stopped sending invites after that 2/22 first batch of early line-waiters.

Who knew that being a little further back in the line would result in an extra month+ of delay...?

I kept thinking I would get one either yesterday or the previous wed/thu, but still nothing. It does feel like they have slowed/stopped sending invites after that 2/22 first batch of early line-waiters.

Who knew that being a little further back in the line would result in an extra month+ of delay...?
Your new avatar is hilarious! :D You're going to wear that hourglass out, flipping it back and forth, while waiting for you car! ;)

No joke. I didn't think so many people were willing to pay $1000 sight unseen - I would have left San Antonio a lot earlier for the closest showroom in Austin. Now I'm concerned that I was number 200-300 in line and it's going to be much longer until I get the invite. I don't know how much longer the Audi can hold on for!

No joke. I didn't think so many people were willing to pay $1000 sight unseen - I would have left San Antonio a lot earlier for the closest showroom in Austin. Now I'm concerned that I was number 200-300 in line and it's going to be much longer until I get the invite. I don't know how much longer the Audi can hold on for!

Same here. Although my 5er is at 190K+! :eek:

Reactions: MarkinArch
Yeah my 2006 Pontiac G6 is at 145k miles. I think it can keep going well (knock on wood) indefinitely but has been showing a lot of signs of aging lately. Also, I would much rather spend $1000 on the model 3, than fix the AC in it, I don't think I can do another summer without it.

Here's a thought: After being reminded of this by Electrek today...

"The tax credit program states that the phase-out period starts during the second calendar quarter after the calendar quarter in which the cap was reached – meaning that customers will still receive the full $7,500 tax credit for at least a full quarter. In other words, people will still get the full credit for 3 to 6 months after an automaker hit the mark – depending on if it was hit early or late in a quarter."

...is there any chance they are delaying orders a bit to hit the 200,000th domestic delivery mark in early April (the start of the 2nd quarter) to maximize the full credit time for 3 buyers? I'm not the kind to track the total S, X and 3 deliveries close enough to know if that moment is almost at hand.

Yeah my 2006 Pontiac G6 is at 145k miles. I think it can keep going well (knock on wood) indefinitely but has been showing a lot of signs of aging lately. Also, I would much rather spend $1000 on the model 3, than fix the AC in it, I don't think I can do another summer without it.

My problem is that I thought I would have the car by January or February- so over the last 18 months I have been a little lax on the whole "maintenance schedule" New control arms? I'm sure they can last another 5,000 miles....10,000 miles..... uhhhhhh ohhhh.

"The tax credit program states that the phase-out period starts during the second calendar quarter after the calendar quarter in which the cap was reached – meaning that customers will still receive the full $7,500 tax credit for at least a full quarter. In other words, people will still get the full credit for 3 to 6 months after an automaker hit the mark – depending on if it was hit early or late in a quarter."

...is there any chance they are delaying orders a bit to hit the 200,000th domestic delivery mark in early April (the start of the 2nd quarter) to maximize the full credit time for 3 buyers? I'm not the kind to track the total S, X and 3 deliveries close enough to know if that moment is almost at hand.

Hard to say. There are a few threads on this already, though. Some people think that the S and X slow down that was announced recently may be to help extend the credit. Optimistic thinking.

• Informative
Reactions: LBusDoor90
My 30 year old daily driver just broke down, so I am really wishing I had the 3 now.

It is getting really hard to find parts for that old car now. I just ordered a used voltage regulator off of eBay for $160 (what should be a $15 part new) in the hopes of getting it fixed again.
If I take the car to the dealer, their system says the VIN doesn't exist now. No way to order any new parts for it.

Yes - no invites for weeks now.

People in WA have another issue. The sales tax exemption will be gone in a couple of months (worth $3k). I really wish Tesla prioritized line waiters in WA over online bookers in San Diego.

No. There is not, and never was once the Model 3 ramp was officially pushed back, any chance of hitting 200k in Q1. They started somewhere around 162k depending who you ask, and only US deliveries count. Given S/X worldwide deliveries around 25k/quarter and < 10k 3s this quarter, it'd be super difficult to hit on Q1 even if every S and X went to the US. Since only a bit over half are destined for the US, they will likely end up somewhere in the low-to-mid 180,000s on 3/31.

This is also why I think it's 99% likely they hit the 200k in Q2. To not hit it would imply either a *huge* move to nearly all S/X outside the US in Q2, or a *huge* miss on 3s (think 1000/week all through Q2). Or some combo thereof. If they make even 1700/week 3s in Q2, that alone would put them over 200k without any S/X deliveries in the US.