Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NorCal Storm Watch 8/17/2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stormwatch is active for me (Lamorinda area, East Bay, in or close to the area for the Red Flag Warning).

I sometimes wonder if it'd be better to have a single thread for all the Stormwatch news / discussion in a region (NorCal, SoCal, etc.) rather than starting a new thread for every activation.

Bruce.

Reactions: h2ofun
Stormwatch is active for me (Lamorinda area, East Bay, in or close to the area for the Red Flag Warning).

I sometimes wonder if it'd be better to have a single thread for all the Stormwatch news / discussion in a region (NorCal, SoCal, etc.) rather than starting a new thread for every activation.

Bruce.
I like having the date and locale of the event in the title. My 2 cents. Maybe a sticky thread by region?

Bruce.

My own thought on this is, they dont really overrun the subforum like some repeated topics do, and as long as there is a date in the subject like, the separate threads are a helpful reminder for people in that area to take a look at their own equipment and "plan accordingly" as it were.

Certainly open for other thoughts, from you or anyone else who may have an opinion on grouping these together vs leaving them separate.

Lol I think you need a sticky thread for red flag warnings since we're like 100% always in a red flag warning somewhere now-a-days. If someone asks "where is the red flag warning?", the answer is "yes".

1629226241070.png

USA's colors are red, white, and blue since the red flag warning covers like 50% of the area West of the Rockies. And the maritime Red flag warning for Hurricanes covers the rest of the country. (yes this is hyperbole)

The white is just the ash and smoke filling the sky.

The blue is the tears that build up when you open that climate change denial thread and see people who still think it's all fake news and a hoax to drum up some views.

• Love
Reactions: jboy210
With the amount of AC I have been using, if I did not have the extra panels I put on, with the reduction from smoke, I actually the other day would have used more than I could produced.

Can you plz install that powerpack, some windmills, and some geothermal thing out on the lake? I want to see the most hardened home setup in California that can withstand Skynet gaining consciousness.

Can you plz install that powerpack, some windmills, and some geothermal thing out on the lake? I want to see the most hardened home setup in California that can withstand Skynet gaining consciousness.
Maybe he can mine some crypto with all that extra power. Supposedly someplace in Europe bought a hydro dam and a lake to do that.