Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

North Carolina Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm chalking it up to a lot of people who received VINs and they are probably working non-stop doing deliveries. Since I got my VIN, my estimated dates actually moved up 1 date to June 8 - 14. If that is true, then they probably aren't in a rush to contact me and are dealing with people who are taking delivery this week. Maybe I'll hear something tomorrow.
I have delivery in a day. Still no response lol

Hi, new here! Getting a Model 3LR. It had me at mid to late June, then 2 days ago after agreeing to that message on the camera adaptive cruise control,etc it shot up to June 1-7. I am leaving for a week on the 7th. Tried calling them with no answer, no returned calls. Anyone have the number to text? I'd like to try and pickup before the 7th if possible. Thanks everyone!

Hi, new here! Getting a Model 3LR. It had me at mid to late June, then 2 days ago after agreeing to that message on the camera adaptive cruise control,etc it shot up to June 1-7. I am leaving for a week on the 7th. Tried calling them with no answer, no returned calls. Anyone have the number to text? I'd like to try and pickup before the 7th if possible. Thanks everyone!
Also, did get my Vin# as well a couple days ago.

Hi there - ordered Model Y 4/22 (Raleigh) & just received email from Tesla saying to "pay up" in order to deliver. Is *anyone* concerned deliveries going forward appear to NOT have radar - and that the Tesla Vision implementation of 3x safety features have not been rated yet by NHTSA? I am thinking of delaying purchase until the rated version of these features are available.
Ordered a 3 in April but I may be delaying as well. I saw another thread here where the radarless version was tested. The driver had several issues including AP and even basic cruise control being inoperable in rainy conditions due to lack of camera visibility. I do too much long distance hwy driving to be not be able to use basic cruise control in a slight rain. Also, once my VIN is assigned I want to my insurance to provide me with a new quote based on the current safety rating changes.

Yeah I think they are swamped and prioritizing deliveries for people who are in the near-term (next 1-3 days). I bet the Raleigh area does a steady business. The growth in this area and proximity to numerous suburbs probably keeps them busy.

0D1C6F78-23BC-4894-92D6-5CC159F91A47.jpeg
This is the number I used.

I'm in Asheville, NC. I ordered May 7 and just got a VIN. (Model Y LR, white/white, tow package).
I'm thinking I may delay delivery (when they finally contact me) to August. I want to see where the Green Act tax credit/refund goes. If I need to wait till January 1 to get the $10K tax credit/refund I will. The way it is worded right now I will have to wait :-(

I've got a VW on lease ending Aug 30. But, if need be I'll either extend the lease or buy it outright and sell after getting my MY.

If I do have to delay, maybe I'll get lucky and get a care from Austin with the rear casting.

Talked to my SA in Raleigh today. Very helpful and answered all my questions. Apparently, my MY is in Northern California getting ready to be put on a train. EDD is still June 10-16. Told me I could make a delivery appointment for the 13th if I liked, but I decided to wait until we get word it's made it to Birmingham, AL where it'll get put on a truck bound for Raleigh.

Talked to my SA in Raleigh today. Very helpful and answered all my questions. Apparently, my MY is in Northern California getting ready to be put on a train. EDD is still June 10-16. Told me I could make a delivery appointment for the 13th if I liked, but I decided to wait until we get word it's made it to Birmingham, AL where it'll get put on a truck bound for Raleigh.
I'm still waiting to hear back from mine. Left 3 messages since Friday night.
My estimated dates are June 8 - 14.

I think I’m more impressed you actually talked to an SA.

Well I just checked and now my dates say June 10 - 16. Must be on the same train as the person above.
I'm getting worried because my trade-in value expires June 7. I hope I don't get a worse price due to a few days .
Just FYI carvana and vroom both gave a price $2000 higher than tesla. Check them out if interested. They come to you and pickup your vehicle.

Just FYI carvana and vroom both gave a price $2000 higher than tesla. Check them out if interested. They come to you and pickup your vehicle.
Yeah, and CarMax offered me $8k more than Tesla. It's like a mile down the road from the Tesla dealership in Raleigh. You can schedule an appointment online and it takes about 20-30 mins for the offer, and it's good for 7 days. I did both Vroom ($2k over Tesla) and Carvana ($1k less than Tesla), so it is good to shop around. Only challenge is timing it right to get the quote within 7 days of getting your car. Of course I went on Friday for the estimate since I was picking up my car on Sunday. Then they moved the pickup to this Thur, so if it delays anymore I may have to be without a vehicle for a bit.

Carvana gave me a price $1100 more than my trade.. but the way tax works it ends up being a wash. From what I understand if the Tesla is $53K and my trade value is $13K, only the $40K gets taxed.
If I do a cash down payment instead, the entire $53K gets taxed...
So unless I'm getting at least $2-3K more, it is a wash. Am I correct?