Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

North Texas waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Front date moved back 3 days, window now Sep 16th to Sep 29th.

7 days ago the front date was 12 days away just like today. So a week of no progress...

With everyone's delays and end of quarter I am convinced that I will not see the car until next month so another 4 weeks at least...

Looks like a few EDDs are moving this morning to 9/16-9/30

MYP
OD: 8/29
Original EDD: 9/18-9/30
I know the MYP has always been available in a shorter timeframe than the MYLR but I am amazed to see 3-4 weeks from order date for you. It was 6-8 weeks back in the beginning of June when I was placing my order. I suspect the breakdown of orders between the LR and the P must be seriously heavily weighted towards the LR and maybe that’s why they kept increasing the LR price (did they increase the P price?) to being it up instead of lowering the P price.

I know the MYP has always been available in a shorter timeframe than the MYLR but I am amazed to see 3-4 weeks from order date for you. It was 6-8 weeks back in the beginning of June when I was placing my order. I suspect the breakdown of orders between the LR and the P must be seriously heavily weighted towards the LR and maybe that’s why they kept increasing the LR price (did they increase the P price?) to being it up instead of lowering the P price.
They originally quoted 5-6 weeks when i was thinking about ordering around 8/23. When i ordered on 8/29 they were quoting 4-5 weeks. On about 8/30 or 8/31 they started quoting 3-4 weeks. They have not increased the price on the P since February i believe, when it went from 59,990 to 60,990. They have however increased the LR price 3 or 4 times. I just think Tesla is allocating more production for the P because of the higher profit margin for this fiscal quarter end to meet or exceed market expectations. Elon says price increases have been happening in general because of the increase in cost of raw materials. I am assuming profit margin on the P is sufficient based on demand right now so no price increase on the P.

Last edited:
They originally quoted 5-6 weeks when i was thinking about ordering around 8/23. When i ordered on 8/29 they were quoting 4-5 weeks. On about 8/30 or 8/31 they started quoting 3-4 weeks. They have not increased the price on the P since February i believe, when it went from 59,990 to 60,990. They have however increased the LR price 3 or 4 times. I just think Tesla is allocating more production for the P because of the higher profit margin for this fiscal quarter end to meet or exceed market expectations. Elon says price increases have been happening in general because of the increase in cost of raw materials. I am assuming profit margin on the P is sufficient based on demand right now so no price increase on the P.
Definitely prioritizing the Performance models. Which is against all logic - more demand for the LR would justify increased production. But P’s bring in more $$ so maybe that’s the ticket.

For ppls who still want to instal NEMA 14-50 for charging, please forget about it and be prepared to get a wall charger, the new code for 14-50 requires a gfci breaker, which won’t work with Tesla mobile connector, they will end up with frequently false tripping due to a double gfci; just did my home work and returned all the assesories I bought….

For ppls who still want to instal NEMA 14-50 for charging, please forget about it and be prepared to get a wall charger, the new code for 14-50 requires a gfci breaker, which won’t work with Tesla mobile connector, they will end up with frequently false tripping due to a double gfci; just did my home work and returned all the assesories I bought….
Hey I was going to say this must be local regulations, but I realize we're in the same area (I'm in Frisco, TX). I just had my 14-50 installed with GFCI with no issues (i.e. no tripping); my neighbor who recommended this electrician hasn't had issues with his M3 with a 14-50 (also with GFCI) for over 2 years.

Reactions: FrankQ
Hey I was going to say this must be local regulations, but I realize we're in the same area (I'm in Frisco, TX). I just had my 14-50 installed with GFCI with no issues (i.e. no tripping); my neighbor who recommended this electrician hasn't had issues with his M3 with a 14-50 (also with GFCI) for over 2 years.
Just put in my order for the wall charger, a decent 14-50 plus an extra mobile connector is almost the same with the wal charger;